Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Review: Crave by Melissa Darnell

Hey guys, I have a Guest Post over at, The Fairytale Nerd! Be sure to check it out, it's for Demonsoul's virtual book tour courtesy of Bewitching Book Tours. Today I am sharing my Top Ten favorite quotes from Demonsoul - and I'm giving away 5 ebook copies for the duration of the tour, so don't forget to sign up HERE or at the guest post site!
                                                                                          

 From Amazon
Crave by Melissa Darnell

Savannah Colbert has never known why she's so hated by the kids of the Clann. Nor can she deny her instinct to get close to Clann golden boy Tristan Coleman. Especially when she recovers from a strange illness and the attraction becomes nearly irresistible. It's as if he's a magnet, pulling her gaze, her thoughts, even her dreams. Her family has warned her to have nothing to do with him, or any members of the Clann. But when Tristan is suddenly everywhere she goes, Savannah fears she's destined to fail.

For years, Tristan has been forbidden to even speak to Savannah Colbert. Then Savannah disappears from school for a week and comes back…different, and suddenly he can't stay away. Boys seem intoxicated just from looking at her. His own family becomes stricter than ever. And Tristan has to fight his own urge to protect her, to be near her no matter the consequences…. 

My Take:

There has been tons of hype leading up to this book, and I was a little nervous when I started it, but I totally should NOT have been! The story is about Savannah, a girl while being some what of an outcast, learns of a secret that will shake up her entire world and how she deals with it. Captivating right?

What makes Crave absolutely wonderful though, is that it's told through the voice of it's main characters Savannah and Tristan and I loved this right from the start. But who wouldn't love getting inside the head of the male lead? The connection these two share is obvious from the start, and it only get stronger the further the story takes them. A part from one another, they are equally captivating.

As a unique blend of supernatural genetics, Savannah brings something different to this book. I'm a big fan of snarky female narrators, so she is pretty awesome to me. Not to mention that she is incredibly reckless, smart and strong. Tristan of course is all three too, but I couldn't get enough of his personality; basically it made me fall for him. Shocker huh? Intertwined, their romance is one that will stick with me for a while, it's that touching.

Crave is a wonderful mix of magic, love, and teen angst all rolled into an intense paranormal read while making you want more. I'm really looking forward to reading the next book in this series, and I can just bet it'll be as great as this one! All in all, I definitely recommend this for a read or several and then go back and read it again!


Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yea for no insta-romance! I love when a relationship grows over time and even changes from what it started as. This novel sounds really interesting and I never would have guessed from the cover that it was paranormal.