My Teasers:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
"Then she heard it. Very slight, but still the definite rustle of some bushes—someone was behind her."
Pg. 34 Awake at Dawn by C. C. Hunter.
From Amazon
Product Description:
Step into the world of Shadow Falls, a camp that helps teens tap into their special…talents. Once you visit, you’ll never forget it—and you’ll never, ever be the same.
From the moment Kylie Galen arrived at Shadow Falls Camp, she’s had one burning question: What am I? Surrounded by vampires, werewolves, shape-shifters, fairies and witches, Kylie longs to figure out her own supernatural identity…and what her burgeoning powers mean. And now she’ll need them more than ever, because she’s being haunted by a new spirit who insists that someone Kylie knows—and loves—will die before the end of the summer. If only she only knew who she was supposed to save. And how…
But giving Kylie the most trouble is her aching heart. Gorgeous werewolf Lucas left camp with another girl, but he’s still visiting Kylie in her dreams. And Derek, a sexy half Fae who’s always been there for her when she needed him, is pushing to get more serious—and growing impatient, especially when Lucas returns. Kylie knows she needs to decide between the boys, and it’s tearing her up inside.
Yet romance will have to wait, because something from the dark side of the supernatural world is hiding in Shadow Falls. It’s about to threaten everything she holds dear…and bring her closer to her destiny.
My Take:
From the moment Kylie Galen arrived at Shadow Falls Camp, she’s had one burning question: What am I? Surrounded by vampires, werewolves, shape-shifters, fairies and witches, Kylie longs to figure out her own supernatural identity…and what her burgeoning powers mean. And now she’ll need them more than ever, because she’s being haunted by a new spirit who insists that someone Kylie knows—and loves—will die before the end of the summer. If only she only knew who she was supposed to save. And how…
But giving Kylie the most trouble is her aching heart. Gorgeous werewolf Lucas left camp with another girl, but he’s still visiting Kylie in her dreams. And Derek, a sexy half Fae who’s always been there for her when she needed him, is pushing to get more serious—and growing impatient, especially when Lucas returns. Kylie knows she needs to decide between the boys, and it’s tearing her up inside.
Yet romance will have to wait, because something from the dark side of the supernatural world is hiding in Shadow Falls. It’s about to threaten everything she holds dear…and bring her closer to her destiny.
My Take:
First off, I loved Born at Midnight and couldn't stop reading it until it was finished! That being said, I didn't expect any less from it's sequel and it wasn't disappointing at all. This one picks up relatively after it's predecessor and right into an intense questionable moment.....an answer to what Kylie is perhaps? That is the big question this story has and what kept me on the edge of my seat the entire read.
Della and Miranda are hands down two of my favorite side characters. They're interactions together are beyond spectacular enough that I'd want them to be my roommates. Plus one is a vampire and one is a witch, what's not to love? Besides the girls, there are the boys, and are they're ever! Awake at Dawn has a little more Derek this time around, and I loved seeing him in action. His gifts of feeling what anyone feels is heartwarming, and sometimes heartbreaking. His relationship with Kylie is a breath of fresh air, a kind that I wouldn't mind taking a breath of.
But that's not all, because Lucas is back! In a sticky situation Kylie finds herself being around him, and they're part together are so intense that I think I might prefer him to Derek. Or it could just be my love of werewolves maybe? But that's not all, the ending left me begging for more and I know a re-read is in my near future.
All in all, this is another exciting installment of an incredible paranormal series by C.C. Hunter and I definitely recommend this one for a read or several. Keep a look out for Taken at Dusk, I am really looking forward to the next installment,
Della and Miranda are hands down two of my favorite side characters. They're interactions together are beyond spectacular enough that I'd want them to be my roommates. Plus one is a vampire and one is a witch, what's not to love? Besides the girls, there are the boys, and are they're ever! Awake at Dawn has a little more Derek this time around, and I loved seeing him in action. His gifts of feeling what anyone feels is heartwarming, and sometimes heartbreaking. His relationship with Kylie is a breath of fresh air, a kind that I wouldn't mind taking a breath of.
But that's not all, because Lucas is back! In a sticky situation Kylie finds herself being around him, and they're part together are so intense that I think I might prefer him to Derek. Or it could just be my love of werewolves maybe? But that's not all, the ending left me begging for more and I know a re-read is in my near future.
All in all, this is another exciting installment of an incredible paranormal series by C.C. Hunter and I definitely recommend this one for a read or several. Keep a look out for Taken at Dusk, I am really looking forward to the next installment,

24 comments:
I've got the first book in this series to read! Can't wait! You didn't leave an email address with your comment on The Fearie Ring. Did you want to be included in the giveaway?
Ooh nice!! Read this one awhile back and loved it!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
I'm not into this genre much but the plot line looks of this book is interesting.
Never read this series but from the teaser and the plot seems interesting :)
Okay, that's a creepy teaser! :D I totally forgot I get the first book already on my tbr-list, thanks for reminding me! And thanks for stopping by :)
oh this sounds good - the tease & your take on it! i may have to check it out!
Trish - My Tease
Great Teaser - I wonder whats in the bushes. Thanks for stopping by!
Interesting. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I've still got to read the first one, but this teaser makes me want to put it on the top of the pile!
My Teaser!
That sounds interesting! Thanks for stopping by.
Your's is literally a tease! I want to know who is in the bushes lol
I'm thinking I need to just go and get this book myself now =)
Here's my teaser
Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
Great teaser and thanks for stopping by and checking mine out.
Talk about leaving us hanging!! Great teaser!!
My Teaser
♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf
Oooh, the book just arrived! So glad you loved the book, cause I completely adored the first one.. Great teaser!
Sounds like a great idea, putting a paranormal in a school setting. Hope it's good and she figures out "what" she is. Here's Mine
Are you doing Nanowrimo? If you are, let me know so we can be buddies. My user name is PaulitaKincer. I know, how original.
The suspense is killin' me! I'll have to check out this series - great teaser!
Happy Reading :)
~Keely~
Very intriguing teaser! I can't wait to start this series. I've been looking forward to it for a while :)
My IMM: http://thebookfaerie.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-9.html
I really need to read this series! It sounds so awesome!! Great teaser!
Anna @ Literary Exploration
That sounds scary but I love the teaser. It sounds intriguing.
I love the teaser - sounds very suspenseful!
And I love the description of that book, too - I always enjoy a good love triangle!
Love the teaser!!
Thanks for checking out myTeaser Tuesday! Happy Reading, Jen
I've got this series on my tbr list but it was nice to read someone's thoughts on it. I'll be moving this one higher on the list. Thanks! Shari here is mine: http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-10262011-miss-peregrines.html
Rustling bushes! I'm paranoid, so that would be such a heart-stopping moment for me. I wonder who it is? Great teaser!
http://jaimeliredeslivres.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-weekly-meme-hosted-by.html
Thank you all for stopping by and checking out my teaser and review. Now I am even more excited to read the next installment Taken at Dusk! Happy reading! :)
Post a Comment