Head over to My First Book - for an interview the amazing Misha and I had!
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser
"I finally gave into it, confident that when I awoke in the morning, Seth would be gone.
It felt like someone had trapped me face down on the bed. I thought I was having one of those dream paralysis things I’d read about once, but then I realized what pinned me to the bed was an arm. And that arm belonged to Seth.
He hadn’t left, and apparently, Seth was a cuddler."
-Pg. 87 Pure (Covenant, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
More Quotes to Share
"I could stay here and continue pretending that I belonged, or I could leave with Seth. And then what? My fingers trembled as I set the glass down on the nearest table. I let Seth lead me away from the ball. A sudden heaviness settled over me. I felt like I’d made some sort of irrevocable choice. And maybe I had." -Pg. 461
***
"I guess there were two types of people in the world, those who sat around a fire, staring into the flames, and those who started the fire. Seth and I started the fire, and then we danced around it." -Pg. 464Review of Pure (Covenant, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
From Goodreads
There is need. And then there is Fate...
Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.
When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.
When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.
Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.
When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.
When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.
My Take
*Spoilers below if you haven't read Half-Blood*
OH MY GODS - words can't describe how much I freaking loved this book! However, since I can't NOT talk about this book, I am going to push past my glowing fan girl love and ramble about all the greatness I consumed in one day. Picking up shortly after Half-Blood left off, we find Alexandria (Alex) Andros getting back into the student life at the Covenant in North Carolina, while swinging after school training with both Aiden and Seth so she can continue to catch up for her missing time. To say things are a little awkward still is an understatement, but that could either be from the tension of the forbidden feelings she and the Pure-Blood share or possibly the hidden attraction to her other Apolyon half. Of course these things simmer on the back burner because the Covenants are starting to get attacked by the infamous Daimons, statues of Furies appear on campus, and an impending Council session weighs down on Alex's daily life. Heavy right?
I am being absolutely honest here in saying that Alex is my all time favorite heroine in young adult fiction! Seriously, she is so painfully likable and real it's hard not to relate to everything she goes through over the course of Pure. Her strength of character is really something to be reckoned with even when dealt some pretty low blows after some bad decision making. And yet she bounces back better than before - that's straight up awesome in my opinion. Plus, I just love the fact that her approaching Apollyon birthday doesn't over shadow everything she does - meaning she doesn't let the seriousness of it make her act better than everyone. In fact, given certain events I think she is the absolutely best person to be the second Apollyon, but I'm not saying why. You'll have to read THAT for yourself!
Besides Alex and her awesomeness, there are the boys to contend with - and what contentment there is! To start off, I'm going to gush a little about Aiden. In Half-Blood I fell for him from chapter one and became quiet invested in the whole forbidden connection that he and Alex share. But, in Pure, for some reason I finally started to understand the severity of the two of them getting together for real. It's heartbreaking yes, but I can see where the characters take themselves over the course of this one. Luckily for me and my emotions, we still have Seth. We get WAY more of him here and for that I just about swooned, laughed, and completely fell off my rocker for him! He is quite simply so easy to like and in a weird way it's also easy to understand why Alex feels the way she does for him for numerous reasons. Choices! I tell you these boys have me turned into a puddle of mish-mashed hormones that may never fully recover after reading!
One of the many things I love about Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing, is that her style is so uniquely fast paced and heart pacing in it's originality that I had no other choice but to be hooked from page one. Pure has this in spades! There is more mythology of the Covenant, Council, and even of the Gods than Half-Blood had - it's all wonderfully explained that I felt as if I was living in that very world. The action is stepped up here to the point where I was literally gasping at what I prayed would or would not be the outcome. And overall, everything from start to finish had me constantly had me boiling over with either laughter, tears, or complete consumption. Basically, Pure rocked my socks off! By the end of it I knew I needed to read Deity as soon as possible and I so can't wait until it's release this Fall. All in all, I totally recommend Pure for a read or several and then - you know - go back to savior it all over again!
*Spoilers below if you haven't read Half-Blood*
OH MY GODS - words can't describe how much I freaking loved this book! However, since I can't NOT talk about this book, I am going to push past my glowing fan girl love and ramble about all the greatness I consumed in one day. Picking up shortly after Half-Blood left off, we find Alexandria (Alex) Andros getting back into the student life at the Covenant in North Carolina, while swinging after school training with both Aiden and Seth so she can continue to catch up for her missing time. To say things are a little awkward still is an understatement, but that could either be from the tension of the forbidden feelings she and the Pure-Blood share or possibly the hidden attraction to her other Apolyon half. Of course these things simmer on the back burner because the Covenants are starting to get attacked by the infamous Daimons, statues of Furies appear on campus, and an impending Council session weighs down on Alex's daily life. Heavy right?
I am being absolutely honest here in saying that Alex is my all time favorite heroine in young adult fiction! Seriously, she is so painfully likable and real it's hard not to relate to everything she goes through over the course of Pure. Her strength of character is really something to be reckoned with even when dealt some pretty low blows after some bad decision making. And yet she bounces back better than before - that's straight up awesome in my opinion. Plus, I just love the fact that her approaching Apollyon birthday doesn't over shadow everything she does - meaning she doesn't let the seriousness of it make her act better than everyone. In fact, given certain events I think she is the absolutely best person to be the second Apollyon, but I'm not saying why. You'll have to read THAT for yourself!
Besides Alex and her awesomeness, there are the boys to contend with - and what contentment there is! To start off, I'm going to gush a little about Aiden. In Half-Blood I fell for him from chapter one and became quiet invested in the whole forbidden connection that he and Alex share. But, in Pure, for some reason I finally started to understand the severity of the two of them getting together for real. It's heartbreaking yes, but I can see where the characters take themselves over the course of this one. Luckily for me and my emotions, we still have Seth. We get WAY more of him here and for that I just about swooned, laughed, and completely fell off my rocker for him! He is quite simply so easy to like and in a weird way it's also easy to understand why Alex feels the way she does for him for numerous reasons. Choices! I tell you these boys have me turned into a puddle of mish-mashed hormones that may never fully recover after reading!
One of the many things I love about Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing, is that her style is so uniquely fast paced and heart pacing in it's originality that I had no other choice but to be hooked from page one. Pure has this in spades! There is more mythology of the Covenant, Council, and even of the Gods than Half-Blood had - it's all wonderfully explained that I felt as if I was living in that very world. The action is stepped up here to the point where I was literally gasping at what I prayed would or would not be the outcome. And overall, everything from start to finish had me constantly had me boiling over with either laughter, tears, or complete consumption. Basically, Pure rocked my socks off! By the end of it I knew I needed to read Deity as soon as possible and I so can't wait until it's release this Fall. All in all, I totally recommend Pure for a read or several and then - you know - go back to savior it all over again!
Check out Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout HERE on Goodreads to give a read! :)
What's YOUR Teaser?
What's YOUR Teaser?

50 comments:
Hi Amy, it's interesting to see you so enthusiastic about this book. That's always a good thing. It's quite clear that you had fun with it. :) Thanks for dropping by my teaser too.
Pure is on it's way here in hard format, I really cannot wait to get it! I hate that AK is so far away and it takes so long hehe... GREAT Teaser too!
Thanks!
here is mine
http://cabingoddess.com/2012/03/tuesday-tuesday-3/
I love this book! Great teaser!
Definitely a great teaser. Good choice!
Thanks for stopping by! :)
When anyone is this excited about a book, it makes me want to read it. :) It's funny, I just read a book titled, Pure, as my girlfriend suggested it from the list on her bookclub's reading challenge. Not at all the same book. lol.
The teaser made me laugh! I didn't read the review, though. I haven't read the first book yet. Yet seeing you love it, I'll have to move it up my TBR list!
Great teaser! I haven't read Half-Blood yet, but I definitely want to. Thank you for sharing. :-)
Kayla @ Bibliophilia, Please
Great teaser. I haven't read either book in the series. Looks like I need to add another one to my TBR list ;) Thanks for sharing and stopping by mine this morning.
I've just read this one and really liked it. It's a good thing that Jennifer writes so fast that Deity will be out in the fall. Great review. :)
Thank you for stopping by at BookVenturers.
Nice teaser!
This is actually on my to-read list!
Thanks for stopping by my TT!
Loved the teaser but didn't read the review because I haven't read Half-Blood yet. It is on my Kindle. The only thing I need is unlimited reading time.
My teasers are from The Cowboy Takes a Bride by Lori Wilde and Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz. Happy reading!
Sounds like a great book! I haven't read anything by Jennifer Armentrout yet.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Such a good book! Love love love it. I hadn't thought being better than Half-Blood was possible, but in my opinion Pure was.
Great teaser pick!
Thanks for stopping by LIO! :)
Pure sounds great! I will have to follow that one up and mark it for reading!
CarolynBrown-Books
I still have to read the first one especially since you'r so excited you make me want to run out and read it now hehe. Thanks for stoppin gby.
Oh my gods, YES!! This book = a million and one hearts! <3 Pure deserves every fangirly squeal it gets because it was such an amazing sequel! I think that Alex made the perfect Apollyon too, and even though I still completely love Aiden like you did, even I have to admit that Seth started to really grown on me! x)
Amazing review and teasers as always, Amy! I can't wait for Deity to come out this fall too! After the ending, the wait isn't going to be easy! ;) <3
What a great teaser!!!
I've had this in my TBR for what feels like forever. Loved Seth in the first book, can't wait to see more of him. And I truly don't know who I want Alex to pick. Usually it's a clear choice for me, but Aiden is pretty awesome, but since I think Seth is the long shot, I'm pretty much going for him ;)
Thanks for this,
Ninja Girl
OOh! You definitely caught my interest with those first few teasers. I'm going to have to look into this one.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
~Danica Page
Taking It One Page at a Time
That's quite the way to wake up. Great teaser.
It's kind of ridiculous but you made my day with this teaser and your review. I read Pure last week and WOW! It's a must read and I already watt to re-read it. Waiting for Deity is soooo difficult!
Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)
I really need to get this series all I hear are great things, thanks for the teasers because I think I've made my mind up on them now :D. Thanks for stopping by :)
Pure sounds good.. have read about it on blogland.. :) now need to check it out.. thanks for visiting my blog..
aww, a cuddler! love it. :)
thanks for stopping by!
Nice teasers! And review! I loooved this one and cannot wait to read Deity!
Here's my Teaser
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Thanks for dropping by. You choose an interesting book.
The next book can't come soon enough, tbh. Thanks for visiting my TT this week!
Pure is definitely on my list of books to read. Thank you for sharing & thanks for visiting my blog.
I love this teaser! I haven't read this book yet but I've heard so many great things about it - I think I'll have to pick it up once I'm done with all my review books.
Thanks for stopping by Books, Biscuits, and Tea Amy! Have a lovely week :)
Wow! Wonderful teasers! I so need to read these books.
Here's my TT.
I need to read Half-Blood. Great teaser! Thanks for visiting Book Strings.
Great teaser! I didn't read the other stuff because I haven't read Half-Blood yet. Makes me real curious if I will like Seth or Aiden. Very hot tease! Thank for visiting My TT!
love your teasers :) I especially like the 3rd one.. i think it's the fire, or maybe the dancing around the fire... either way, great stuff! Book Savvy Babe
LOL that's a great teaser. Made me LOL! I haven't read Half-blood yet - but I bought it the other day! I've heard it's fantastic. I just need to make room in my reading schedule!
Thanks for dropping by my blog :)
April @ My Shelf Confessions
Great teaser! And thanks for stopping by my blog :)
Sounds like one for the to-read pile.
I keep hearing fabulous things about this series. I definitely need to add it to my list.
Very interesting! Thanks for stopping by.
Great teasers! As a Seth fan, they make me very happy. Thanks for sharing and for checking out my TT!
Eeee! You make this sound SOOO amazing! I loved Half-blood and I have a copy of Pure waiting on my kindle but your review has convinced me that I. MUST. READ. IT. NOW. Plus, that quote! I can already tell I'm going to have a hard time choosing between Aiden and Seth! Ahh, such a tough decision! Anyway, absolutely FANTASTIC review! :)
Kim @ The Paper Planes
I still haven't read Covenant #1, can't wait to read this series! :)
Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by! :)
Monaliz @ Mind Reading?
Hi,
This sounds like such a great book. I have not read anything from this author yet. But I have been hearing about this book. I am going to put this in my TBR pile. Thanks
Stop on over to Belle's Book Bag and check out my TT and let me know what you think since it is only my second time.
Teasers <3
Krazyyme @ Young Readers
Love the excitement! As if the teaser weren't enough, I can't wait to read this book now :)
Happy Reading!!
Ooh, sounds like a really good read(:
Thanks for stopping by my blog~
I won Half-Blood but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I keep hearing great things about this series.
Great review Amy :)
This sounds quite interesting... But I'm not sooo sure... Guess it'll make it onto the tbr for now. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stepping by!
Great teaser. Thanks for visiting mine.
What a sweet teaser! I didn't read the review as I haven't read Half-Blood yet but if it's anything like those quotes I'm sure I'll love it.
Thanks for stopping by Project to be Read :)
Aww, that teaser was lovely! Am also a little late but thanks for dropping by my blog earlier this week =)
- Li (rulethewaves.net)
This looks awesome!! And the cover is amazing:)
Thanks for sharing!
Stephanie @Steph's Book Corner
Post a Comment