Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Musing Mondays & A to Z Challenge: B - Book Boyfriends

Musing Mondays is a meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. This week’s musing asks…

Do you belong to any book clubs — face-to-face, or online? If so, how long have you been with the group(s)? If not, why?

No. I go through my book shelf to fast to be able to sit down and discuss books that I've read. Although, I should join a book club because everything I read I go into fan girl mode and want to gossip about it in a high pitched squeal. Maybe one of these days I'll join one, but for now I'm all right will simply writing reviews and sharing that way. 

The Blogging from A to Z Challenge is a month long event hosted by a group of amazing folks. The Challenge is beginning April First with a topic themed on something with the letter A, then on April second another topic with the letter B as the theme, and so on until you finish on April thirtieth with the theme based on the letter Z.  It doesn't even have to be a word--it can be a proper noun, the letter used as a symbol, or the letter itself.  The theme of the day is the letter scheduled for that day.

My theme - My word of the day will express things I love most about Young Adult Books and why!


Book Boyfriends

There have been a plethora of great book boyfriends in my latest young adult reads. So much in fact that I've joined the My Book Boyfriend weekly meme, hosted by The Unread Reader, just to be able to share the swoon worthy boys in books! My current book boyfriend that I'll be sharing this week is Peregrine from Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi and rather than get lost in a ramble about why I chose him, you can read my thorough review HERE. 

I am now off to watch last nights Game of Thrones that my dvr has to wonderfully saved for me and indulge in my second cup of coffee. Hope everyone has had a great weekend and an even better start to the week!

Anyone join a book club? Who's YOUR book Boyfriend? Watch last nights premiere of Game of Thrones? 

21 comments:

caite said...

yes...I really wonder how much time I want to spend discussing any one book. Also, I have so many books to read and so little time, do I really want to be committed to reading one some group decides on? Not so sure I do...

CMash said...

I agree with you about discussing books but I don't like the concept of having a book, that I might not like, chosen as a group read. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to chat with people and go crazy about books. :)

Thanks for dropping by my blog! :)

M.J. Fifield said...

My book boyfriend is Henry Stone from Lisa Lutz's Spellman series.

And I watched the GoT premiere last night. It went by waaaaaaay too fast. Good stuff.

alberta ross said...

I find the most interesting aspect of reading groups is the reading of books I wouldn't normally try - have discovered some new genres and authors from that:)

Kyra Lennon said...

I have lots of book boyfriends, but my favourite is Sirius Black from Harry Potter! :D

Tara Tyler said...

im in your book club, you tell me about them and i decide whether they suit me to read =) im a slower reader...

and g of t was awesome! love that show and tyrion! i hope joffrey goes soon!

Cathy De Los Santos said...

Thanks for stopping by. After I read a book I blog about it, I don't like sitting down and disecting a book.

nutschell said...

I was always interested to join a book club but i never had the time. I did have the time, however, to organize a writing group. :)
Great A-Z post!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Never joined a book club other than the Science Fiction/Fantasy Book Club. That's ordering books, so doesn't really count, does it?

Mari said...

I don't belong to any book club either but I wish I did. I would love someone to talk books with IRL as well :) Not many of my friends read YA(or that much at all far as I know).

As for bookish boyfriends yes I tend to have one of those(or maybe 10) ;) I have Under the Never Sky here, that means I might get a new boy on my list I see.

@MelissaJoLynn_ said...

haha love the girl mode/gossip comment. I'm the same. I will talk to anyone who will listen after I read a good book. And I talk about the characters like they are real people. haha. My Musing Mondays Post

Mimi Valentine said...

LOL amen, Amy! x) I usually finish a book in a night so I don't have time to sit down and discuss it chapter by chapter either -- I'd rather go and read the next book right away! But I still always wish that there was a book club around my area JUST so I could squeal about all those books I love too! (But I guess that squealing over the net works okay too! <3)

And Game of Throooooones!! I think you're my major inspiration for wanting to watch that show, Amy! My friends and I are planning on having a catch-up marathon and I am EXCITED! :) <3

Marta Szemik said...

The best thing about book boyfriends is that they change along with the books:) Great post!

Jemi Fraser said...

I haven't watched Game of Thrones yet! I've heard so much about it - but there's no time!!

Kwizgiver said...

I absolutely LOVE your Musings answer. That's the best part of my book group--we share all kinds of fangirl squeals! (Even the fanguys!)

Christine Rains said...

I have several book boyfriends! Oh, I'm jealous you get to watch the premiere of Game of Thrones. I'll have to wait until it comes on DVD.

Yvonne said...

I'm not part of a book club either! Have a great week!

Sari Webb said...

I really need to read Across the Never Sky. Thanks for giving me another reason! I think my fave book boyfriend of recent reads would be Alex in Barbara Kloss' Gaia's Secret. He's swoonworthy. :)

Unknown said...

With the book I'm currently reading, I'm not impressed with any of the potential boyfriends. They're all being asses at the mo. I'm hoping at least one of them redeems himself soon, 'cause right now I'm rooting for no one!

Unknown said...

Good Answer!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and Im checking out the above links! Thanks for sharing!!

Valerie @ Intriguing Reads