What do you think are the top 5 books every woman should read? (And for the men who might be playing today: What do you think are the top 5 books every man should read?)
by Cassandra Clare
City of Bones is a must read for anyone that loves their forbidden romance mixed in with paranormal dangers and fast paced fantasy. The story is told in third person, but is mostly told through the main character Clary who's strengths and weakness's are expressed so clearly that you can't help going along with every emotion. Her counterpart is Jace, and just like her, you can't help feeling what he does even if half the time he is somewhat a mystery. When the two of them collide it makes the story so much more.
by Stephanie Perkins
Anna and the French Kiss is the sweetest and most heartwarming love story that I've read last year and is definitely a must read for anyone who enjoys that. Anna moves to Paris not knowing a single person and finds herself getting close friends and finding out that one of them could be so much more to her. Her bravery of moving to a big foreign city is incredible, I don't think I'd be able to do the things she does if I were in her place. Then there is St. Claire, he's hands down my favorite part of this book, but I won't spoil why you'll have to read it - I will say that he has an accent!
by Richelle Mead
As one of the best young adult paranormal books on shelves everywhere, Vampire Academy is absolutely a must read! This series has everything for a reader to enjoy; there is the ever present forbidden romance, gut wrenching drama, incredibly written action, and a storyline that will have you captivated until the very end. The narrator Rose is one of my favorite heroines, her attitude is so snarky it would make you think she doesn't care about anything, but she is extremely loyal and protective to those she does care for - this makes her stronger for what she faces. Someone that makes Rose even stronger is Dimitri, he's mastered the art of broody mysterious aloofness but brings out the best of her.
by Kristin Walker
A Match Made in High School is one of my favorite books that I can't help re-reading, it's just so cute and hilarious! The narrator Fiona will have you hooked from page one with her infectious whit and humor and keep you captivated with her obsession with a long time crush that she vows to finally confront. The best thing about this story is that you go in thinking one thing and reach the end discovering something completely different that will make you swoon at it's greatness. I absolutely loved the character of Johnny, he's just so sweet and patient!
by Jamie McGuire
If you haven't read Beautiful Disaster then you absolutely have to, the reason is simple - Travis Maddox! This is one of those stories that is so intense that you have to wonder if you'll survive the end because of all the emotional turmoil, but it also makes you invested it all of the characters so the idea stopping isn't an issue. The narrator is Abby, a girl who happens to be friends with a girl (America - love her!) that is dating the roommate of one of the baddest bad boys at her college - Travis! After some questionable choices that leaves her losing a bet, she finds herself moving in with him for a short while, this makes for the best romance and an incredible story. Travis's intense passion in everything will have you swooning from his first introduction, he's just so protective of Abby and it will have you loving him.
The Blogging from A to Z Challenge is a month long event hosted by a group of amazing folks. The Challenge is beginning April First with a topic themed on something with the letter A, then on April second another topic with the letter B as the theme, and so on until you finish on April thirtieth with the theme based on the letter Z. It doesn't even have to be a word--it can be a proper noun, the letter used as a symbol, or the letter itself. The theme of the day is the letter scheduled for that day.Heroes and Heroines
The thing that makes a book great, whether they be young adult or adult is it's leading characters, or in this case their hero and heroine. Each hero and heroine all posses qualities that are filled with both strength and weakness, and this gives the reader an emotional tie that makes you invested in them. In young adult fiction, I like how they are tested in ways that have them overcoming some obstacle that has them evolving by the end. For examples of some of my favorites, see the Musing Mondays post above!
Who's YOUR favorite Hero and Heroine? Any book suggestions? Hope everyone has had a great Easter weekend and an even better start to their week!
18 comments:
I guess I'd have to pick Aragorn and Eowyn, even though they don't even up together at the end of the LOTR trilogy.
I still have not read Anna and the French Kiss!
Great choices, though I haven't read any of them, yet. Have them on my TBR list.
Good choices :)
I'd say Hunger Games - Katniss is such a strong girl - and gives up so much for so many!
Great choices! I'll be checking out Beautiful Disaster soon :D
To your first three books, I wish there was a DEFINITELY YES button on my keyboard so I could push it repeatedly -- they're three books that I absolutely loved too! And about the last two on your list, I really need to pick those up! They both sound like such sweet reads, and I'm already falling in love with the characters from how you talk about them. :)
Perfect picks this Monday, Amy! <3 And for a suggestion with an amazing heroine... I'd pick Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo! It comes out in June but when it does, you just have to read it because Alina is SO AWESOME! :)
Great pick! Don't recognise any of them except 'Vaampire Academy'. Will have t look into them! Thanks for stopping by on my blog :) My favourite heroine is Claire Danvers out of 'The Morganville Vampires' its a absolutely awesome series that you should definitely look into :)
every woman and writer should read Vrginia's Woolf's "A Room of One's Own."
I like Alex's choices of hero and heroine. I also love Katniss Everdeen.
Your first two are on my Wishlist... I should pay more attention to that list!!! :-D
Thx for hoppin' by my post!
So many to choose from.
I am going to say (and sticking with the H theme) Harry Potter and Hermoine Granger.
I am trying to read all the A to Z blogs, but coming back to the ones I really like.
Looking forward to seeing what you do all month!
Tim
The Other Side
The Freedom of Nonbelief
Great list for Musing Monday to check out. I'm enjoying the heroine in Wish You Were Here by Beth Vogt. I just began reading it today. I had an enjoyable Easter weekend filled with relatives and a Monday aimed at catching up.
I really like your Musings answer!
A-Z. don't have a hero or heroines from novels. You would think i would with all the books i read.
http://sidnereading.blogspot.com/p/april-z-challenge.html
I've added a couple of your musts to my TBR list. :)
Right now I'm reading and loving Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally. The heroine is the quarterback of her high school football team. It has family issues, boyfriend troubles, and a best friend conflict. And FOOTBALL! Just enough to make me happy, not enough to turn off someone who doesn't know the game very well. :)
will smith characters are my fave heroes, cocky & funny but able to make and learn from mistakes, then kick some butt!
I still haven't read City of Bones - I really need to get onto that!
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
I definitely agree with you on CITY OF BONES and ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS!
I can't pick a hero and heroine, I'm afraid. There are too many to narrow it down to one each!
Post a Comment