"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.
Oh I so can't WAIT to read The Selection - seriously it sounds absolutely amazing! The idea of a bunch of girls trying to win a Prince's affections seems like a great story full of drama. Plus, with all the great reviews for this, I have a feeling it's going to be better than I'm anticipating. Also, as a slight teaser, The Selection has been optioned for a pilot for The CW tv network - I hope it gets picked up!
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
The Selection by Kiera Cass
Expected publication: April 24th 2012
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.
Oh I so can't WAIT to read The Selection - seriously it sounds absolutely amazing! The idea of a bunch of girls trying to win a Prince's affections seems like a great story full of drama. Plus, with all the great reviews for this, I have a feeling it's going to be better than I'm anticipating. Also, as a slight teaser, The Selection has been optioned for a pilot for The CW tv network - I hope it gets picked up!
The Blogging from A to Z Challenge is a month long event hosted by a group of amazing folks. The Challenge is beginning April First with a topic themed on something with the letter A, then on April second another topic with the letter B as the theme, and so on until you finish on April thirtieth with the theme based on the letter Z. It doesn't even have to be a word--it can be a proper noun, the letter used as a symbol, or the letter itself. The theme of the day is the letter scheduled for that day. My theme - My word of the day will express things I love most about Young Adult Books and why!
Possibility
The great thing about reading books of any genre, is the possibility that anything can happen. Worlds are created, characters are born, plots are envisioned, and imagination thrives. I love that it's possible for a girl to face her blurry past and over come what ever get's in her way, like Mira from Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross or for a girl to trek on foot for miles in search of her younger sister with a Fallen Angel, like Penryn from Angelfall by Susan Ee. When stories like those are possible, that is why I enjoy reading young adult fiction!
What's YOUR 'waiting on' pick?

5 comments:
What a fun plot! Lucky prince! :)
I've been dying to read the Selection. I've very interested in this bachelor storyline and the prince trying to steal America's heart. Should be good drama and the cover is gorgeous!
My WOW
Nice pick!! Seeing this one around a lot! Like the cover! Makes me think of swans for some reason! Totally weird I know! Guess it just has that fairy tale like element!
Here's my WoW
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
I have to admit I haven't decided if I want to read this one or not. I guess I will wait to see what you think of it before I decide:) You can see my WoW at http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-4182012-forsaken-1.html
sounds like another winner!
i'm waiting for an epic sci fi. any recs?
Post a Comment