"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth
Expected publication:
May 1st 2012
One choice can transform
you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as
unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue
trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting
questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and
love.
Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.
New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian Divergent series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.
Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.
New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian Divergent series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.
Oh wow - it seems like forever ago that I devoured Divergent and succumbed to the wait for Insurgent! Words really can't described how excited I am to be able to dive back into the world that Tris and Four lives in. Not long now!
The Blogging from A to Z Challenge is a month long event hosted by a group of amazing folks. The Challenge is beginning April First with a topic themed on something with the letter A, then on April second another topic with the letter B as the theme, and so on until you finish on April thirtieth with the theme based on the letter Z. It doesn't even have to be a word--it can be a proper noun, the letter used as a symbol, or the letter itself. The theme of the day is the letter scheduled for that day.
My theme - My word of the day will express things I love most about Young Adult Books and why!
Vampires
One of the most popular genre's in young adult fiction right now, I believe, would have to be vampires. And not all of the books about them are just straight up vampires either. There are half-witch vampires like in Almost to Die For by Tate Hallaway or angel-like vampires in Blue Bloods by Mellisa De La Cruz - but regardless of the mix, each story created about them is still alluring. So alluring in fact, that no matter the context, I always have to give new books a chance. Here are some of my favorites:
What's YOUR 'waiting on' pick? Have a favorite vampire book?

8 comments:
I haven't read the first one yet, but I have it on reserve now. I'm sure once I finish, I'll be waiting for this one, too!
My WoW!
Those are a lot of vampire novels. The only one I've read is Twilight. I really don't read a lot of vampire fiction but I watch a lot of them on TV.
The novel The Reformed Vampire Support Group by Catherine Jinks is great. It's very tongue in cheek, and her spin on vampires is quite different from what's out there. But the narrator has a strong voice, which made the novel easy to get lost in.
I have to say, I think my favorite vampire is The Count from Sesame Street :)
Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)
Oh nice! I still gotta read Divergent, but I did finally buy a copy! As for fave vampire, that is a very very hard question! I would literally have to name every vampire I've ever read!
Here's my WoW
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
I can't wait to read Insurgent either! I'm so crossing my fingers to win one of the many many giveaways for a copy of it! Here's my WoW!
http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html
~Paige @ Comfort Books
Insurgent <3<3 I love Divergent, so I can't wait to read the sequel. Great pick!
Em
My WOW
I'm eager for Insurgent too! I love Vampire Academy, and the Dark series by Christine Feehan.
Post a Comment