Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Musing Mondays, Awards, and some Reviews

 


Musing Mondays is a meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. This week’s musing asks…

Do you have a reading goal for the year, such as __ books? Why or why not? 

In a perfect reading world, I'd LOVE to read everything that I've added on my to-be-read list this year. But. There never seems to be enough time and I have the reading habits of a gnat that's consumed way to much coffee. That being said, my goal this year is a simple one. I hope to be caught up on all the series I've started last year with their sequels and try to devour upcoming new releases that have caught my eye!

Thank you to Christine Rains for the Stylish blogger Award! Basically I have to share when the last time I dressed up was. Hmmm...that's actually a tough one. I think, the last time I got all spiffy was for a benefit dinner when I was pregnant with my daughter - that was three and a half years ago. Sad right? Yeah. I'm a comfy pants (or jeans/shorts) and t-shirt kind of girl. Being a stay at home mom doesn't really allow for being fancy often, unless we're playing dress up!

Now for some Award sharing love:

3. Missie

So last night was the season two finale of Game of Thrones and I'm not sure what to make of it. Admittedly, I was kind of basing the finale on if I was going to continue to watch it next season or not. And, since it was made of AWESOME, I'll be eagerly awaiting for it's return!  Why you ask? Well, check out the creepy White Walker below. That's why! That and a whole mess of characters (some epic and others slightly annoying), what will happen to them, and the cute little vicious dragons!


There was also the season two premiere of Teen Wolf last night, and after re-watching season one over the weekend, I was so excited. And with good reason! Season two is going to be even better than season one, and not just because there will be more shirtless werewolves. For example, Scott's hair is now short, Stiles is just as hilarious, Derek is the Alpha, Jackson is still as annoying as he is good looking, we get a peak at what's to come, and Lydia is still a curious character! I can't wait to watch part two of the premiere tonight!

 
Besides marathons, finales, and premieres, I also had the chance to go see Snow White and the Huntsman on Friday. It was absolutely amazing! I LOVED the twist in the story, it fit well with the dark and creepy vibe to make it originally captivating. Plus, Chris Hemsworth makes a FANTASTIC huntsman - and his accents had me swooning! William was great too and I love a guy that can handle a bow and arrows like he can while looking spiffy. The end closed nicely and left me wanting so much more!


What's YOUR reading goal? Impressed with the Game of Thrones finale? Hooked on Teen Wolf? Huntsman or William? Hope everyone had a great weekend and an even better start to the week! <3  

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I was disappointed with the Huntsman but Hemsworth did make the movie.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I'd love to get caught up on all my series as well, but I'm so bad with them. LOL I need to see Snow White, it seems. My sister loved it too. I really enjoy Chris Hemsworth and his swoony accent as well. ;-) The guy that plays William is also great. He was in the last Pirates of the Caribbean movie and I LOVED him.

-Lauren

Christine Rains said...

I didn't have any reading goals for myself this year, but I am keeping track of how many books I'm reading. So far, I've read 59 books. I'm always happy to meet another jeans and t-shirt woman. :) My friend recorded the Game of Thrones finale for me. I haven't seen it yet! I'm bouncing in my seat thinking about it!

M.J. Fifield said...

I was disappointed with the Snow White movie but I love Chris Hemsworth so I'm totally going with the Huntsman.

My reading goal for this year is 60 books. I just wanted to make sure I focused on other things apart from writing my own book. A couple of years ago, I set a goal of 100 books in a year. I finished the year with 103.

And yeah, Game of Thrones was totally filled with awesome. April 2013 is a long way away.

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Awwww! Thanks Amy! You are so awesome.

I still haven't had a chance to watch Snow White and the Huntsman, but I really want to. And it's going to be torture to wait for the next season of GoT!

Mimi Valentine said...

First, thankyouthankyouthankyou! You're SO sweet, Amy! You can imagine me cyber-hugging you right now because that's what I really want to do x)

And second, I officially convinced my aunt and uncle to let me watch Game of Thrones with them! We're going to have a marathon of the first season sometime this summer then catch up with the second season ASAP, all thanks to you! :) *hugs again* Plus, SWatH with Chris H? Definitely going to watch it soon! <3

fredamans said...

Congrats on the award!

Tara Tyler said...

so much stuff!
1st, thank you for the award and congrats to you!
2nd, waaaaaah! game of thrones is done til next season! i am going to have to read the next book!

and glad you liked huntsman, heard it wasnt so great, but i'm glad you enjoyed it =)