"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Expected publication:
July 3rd 2012
Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair. . . .
Fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland and immediately falls under his spell.
Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything—her family, her future—to be with him. When she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she's always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter.
With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it's the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who's everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart.
From the New York Times bestselling author of Peaches comes a magical and bewitching story of the romance between a fearless heroine and the boy who wouldn't grow up.
Fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland and immediately falls under his spell.
Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything—her family, her future—to be with him. When she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she's always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter.
With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it's the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who's everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart.
From the New York Times bestselling author of Peaches comes a magical and bewitching story of the romance between a fearless heroine and the boy who wouldn't grow up.
Oh My Goodness! Tiger Lily had me at it's name and book cover! Nevertheless, I absolutely LOVE all things Peter Pan and so, I can't WAIT to read this one! The idea of a teenaged Peter that falls in love? Brilliant! Just reading the synopsis makes me want to watch the movies - good thing July is coming up soon!
What's YOUR 'waiting on' pick?
-P.S. Sorry for the prolonged absence lately! I've been taking advantage of the warm weather by being outside with my daughter the last few days. For the rest of the summer my posts are going to be a little sporadic, but I promise to visit with comment love as much as I can. Hope everyone is having a great day and an even better week! <3

11 comments:
Really curious about this one! I love Peter Pan too so I'm wondering how this retelling will go.
My WOW
I just heard about this one a little while ago, and I'm really curious. It's been a while since I've had me some Peter Pan, and I always loved the character of Tiger Lily!
My WOW
I'm reading this one right now and it is SO GOOD!!! I definitely recommend it :) Just to peak your interest a bit more LOL!
Anna @ Literary Exploration
I have some pretty good things about this one. Good choice..
Happy Reading
Jenea @ Books Live Forever
http://booksliveforever.com/?p=1612
I am also curious on this one, I will definitely check it out.
As a side point - and this does not reflect at all on the author and story but rather the publisher - it's interesting that while the cover is pretty, the opportunity was missed to show some diversity with a non-white girl in a prom dress. A little disappointing but it wouldn't put me off from reading the book.
Awesome pick! I so loved this one!! It was a really great spin on the Peter Pan tale! My review for this one will be up on the 23rd if you were interested.
Here's my WoW
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Great pick! I'm kind of dying for this book! I love the Peter Pan story so I'm really excited to read how Anderson puts a twist on it. I also love the cover!
My WOW
Traci @ The Reading Geek
I love Peter Pan so this is a definite must for me :) And the cover is hot!
Shortskie's WOW
I <3 Peter Pan too!!!!!!! OMG I can't believe I have not heard of this one before and I am so glad that it is releasing soon because I can not stand the wait!!!!! I can not wait to read this one. Great choice! Thanks so much for sharing :-) Love the cover and premise!
Following your blog! Feel free to visit mine!
SeeitORreadit
This is on my TBR list too! I almost forgot that it's coming out so soon! Ahhhh I can't wait! :D
Here’s my WoW
That does sound interesting.
........dhole
Post a Comment