Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (35)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole
Expected publication: October 2nd 2012

#1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole introduces The Arcana Chronicles, post-apocalyptic tales filled with riveting action, the dark mysticism of Tarot cards, and breathtaking romance.She could save the world—or destroy it.

Sixteen year old Evangeline “Evie” Greene leads a charmed life, until she begins experiencing horrifying hallucinations. When an apocalyptic event decimates her Louisiana hometown, Evie realizes her hallucinations were actually visions of the future—and they’re still happening. Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she must turn to her wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate: Jack Deveaux.

But she can’t do either alone.

With his mile-long rap sheet, wicked grin, and bad attitude, Jack is like no boy Evie has ever known. Even though he once scorned her and everything she represented, he agrees to protect Evie on her quest. She knows she can’t totally depend on Jack. If he ever cast that wicked grin her way, could she possibly resist him?

Who can Evie trust?

As Jack and Evie race to find the source of her visions, they meet others who have gotten the same call. An ancient prophesy is being played out, and Evie is not the only one with special powers. A group of twenty-two teens has been chosen to reenact the ultimate battle between good and evil. But it’s not always clear who is on which side…


I absolutely LOVE the sound of Poison Princess! Apocalyptic visions? Awesome! A good looking bad boy? Tempting! Prophesy's of good versus evil? I'm so hooked already!! This seems like it's going to be pretty exciting and I so can't wait to be able to consume it...yay for October being so close! :)


This week's pre-release "can't-wait-to-watch" selection is: 

Expected release: October 19th 2012
 
Oh, yes please!! I've SERIOUSLY been waiting for this installment to come out pretty much right after watching Paranormal Activity 2, and am so excited to finally be able to find out what happens next. I love that it's somewhat current in the timeline and there will probably be some better camera usage...hopefully. Plus, I just bet there will be more scares!  Basically, I'll definitely be dragging my husband to the theater to see this because it's coming in 3D and there is no way I'm missing THAT! 
What are YOU waiting on?

6 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Very popular pick floating around!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

This book is very popular. I hope it can live up to the high expectations. I'm definitely looking forward to it ^^

Take a look at my WoW.

Elle said...

Been seeing it around a lot today! Can't wait! :D
My WoW!

Silverlight said...

I can't wait for this book either! I love Cole's writing style so this should be a winner for me. Great pick! *Waves* I'm from Rhode Island, too!! :)

My Wow

roro said...

exited for this . i hope to see how she handles YA

my wow

Jennifer said...

I love Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series so I'm excited to see what she does with YA. The concept sounds so cool and that cover is amazing! Thanks for sharing!