Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teasers:

"When his hands cupped my face, closing in so his lips almost touched mine, I shivered. Looking into his eyes, feeling the warmth of his breath on my skin, I knew I’d do it again, no matter the price."

Pg. 213 "Nightshade" by Andrea Cremer

Before I can read Andrea Cremer's new release Wolfsbane, I'm going back to re-read Nightshade. I was worried I'd forgotten something important or was missing the connection between the characters. As it turns out, I was missing a whole lot! There is so much going on in this first book, that I am really looking forward to reading the next one.

As far as my edits are going, they are going really well. I managed to narrow it down to only five more chapters left! Which is good because Headstrong is being released in only a week. I also outlined the first ten chapters of book four last night; thank goodness for crappy weather keeping me home-bound. This is what I'll be doing today, trying to knock off the rest of my edits!

Before the editing party begins though, I hear a cup of coffee calling to me and I think I just might have something to watch on my dvr. What is it you ask? Well, if you must know, I am going to watch last nights Teen Wolf. I hear it's going to be great, so naturally I can't wait to check it out. Between Nightshade, Headstrong, and Teen Wolf - I'm feeling rather wolfy today. Weird. Hope everyone is having a great week! :)

22 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Nice one! Smart to re-read Nightshade, I'm gonna start Wolfsbane today and see how well I can remember the past events!

Here's my Teaser

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Darkfallen said...

I have been meaning to start this series, but it's always one thing or another getting in the way....this teaser tells me that I need to push that all away and START thius series!!

Now come...let me TEASE you!

Anonymous said...

Very cool - so need to read this book. Thanks for the visit:)

Jo K said...

I have to read these books! Great teaser! Here is my TT.

Brooke said...

I LOVE this series!! and Wolfsbane is crazy-sauce! I hope you like it! It definitely will leave you anxious for Bloodrose!!!

p dot s- Team Ren FOR THE WIN!!! :P

Unknown said...

I have a copy of this book but I wasn't able to finish it. Maybe I wasn't in the mood that time. I think I might give this another try :) Love that teaser! :)

Thank you for visiting my site today :)

New follower,
April @books4juliet

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

oooh, i loved this book!!

Book Savvy Babe said...

I keep hearing great things about this series, I will just have to pick this book up and get to reading! My TT is over at Book Savvy Babe

fredamans said...

Nice teaser! I felt deja vu when I read it though and I have not read the book.

Christine Rains said...

Ooh, awesome teaser. Mine is from Warcry today.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for visiting my blog!

I LOVE your teaser, I have this on hold in eBook format at the library, I'm next on the list and so excited to read it!

New follower!

Unknown said...

I won the second one to this one in a contest so I really have to buy this one!! Great teaser!

My Teaser!

Sonia Lal said...

sweet, teasing teaser!

Amy said...

Thank you all for stopping by - I am now heading over to check out everyone's teasers!

I agree with you Emma, my TBR pile is never going to recover today with all the new books I am going to add! :)

Golden Eagle said...

I've never read this book; I think I've been over-saturated with werewolf fiction at the moment. :P

Good luck with your edits!

Good Company said...

Uh oh . . . sounds like a lovely tough spot to be in.
Thanks for stopping by -- good luck with the book!

Between the Covers Louise said...

Great teaser. I loved Nightshade. Hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by and checking my teaser out!

Louise @ Between the Covers

Priya said...

Great teaser!! Sounds like a lovely book!

Novroz said...

Ah...glad to know you are also doing a reread ;)
Great books are always fun to be reread.

Thank you for reading my teaser earlier.

Amy said...

So many great teasers and so little time! Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world, and I am scooting off to check out more teasers. :)

Lacey said...

Hey Amy! Thanks for stopping by. I have Nightshade on epub nbup but I keep some great things about that I think I am just going to buy it. (I prefer physical copies anyways, lol)

GREAT TEASER that pretty much sums up my decision to buy it. NEW FOLLOWER

Amy said...

Hi Lacey! Thank you for the visit and the follow! Nightshade is worth a printed copy, it's that good! :)