Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WWW Wednesdays

WWW Wednesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
 

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

My answers:


What are you currently reading?I am currently reading "Nightshade" by Andrea Cremer. This is a re-read so I can catch up before starting the sequel. I still love it as if I'm reading it for the first time.




What did you recently finish reading?
I recently finished reading "Touch of Frost" by Jennifer Estep. I'll be doing a review soon for this one, as I can't narrow my thoughts to just one sentence!




What do you think you’ll read next?
Next I'll be reading "Wolfsbane" by Andrea Cremer. Super excited to check this one out - I have heard great things about it!







My reading speed is a little slow this week, as I'm still editing my current WiP Headstrong. But, I am hoping to finish by tomorrow at least. Then I can take a nice break and read my little heart out. I'm in need of finding out what happens between the whole Calla / Ren / Shay love triangle. There were a lot of comments about them in yesterdays Teaser Tuesday, and I have to admit I am totally Team Ren! I don't know what it is, maybe a handful of things, but I'd prefer him to Shay.

Speaking of tormented love triangles, I am off to go watch The Nine Lives of Chloe King on my dvr. I fell asleep last night and missed it, and it's supposed to have a fight between Alec and Brian! Why that makes me eager to watch it, I have no clue, but I do love some tension. Between the two of them, I don't think I have a "team" yet, it's still kind of early. Of course, maybe after this episode, I will!

The rest of my day is going to be spent on edits and revisions, and I now only have three more chapters to go. Is it possible to get them all done today, or should I pace myself? If I get into the groove, I just know it'll be cake to finish. But there is something about finishing the last edits on a book; it's almost like a sad feeling and a happy one combined. I'm supper happy that it's nearing the end, and sad because this chapter in my characters lives is coming to a close before beginning another one. I strangely feel like a parent that is sending their kids off to school for the first time. Weird. Anyone else have this feeling when writing? Anyways, I must go in search of coffee - Happy Hump Day!

15 comments:

Christine Rains said...

I really want to read Touch of Frost. I adore Jennifer Estep! I feel the same way as you about finishing edits. I'm in the last round for my WIP too. I can't wait to send it out, but I'll miss it at the same time.

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm currently reading Circle of Secrets by Kimberley Griffiths Little. I just completed A Touch Blue by Cynthia Lord. Next, I'll read The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab.

I still haven't read Andrea Cremer's books. Gotta do so soon!

Anya Millar said...

Nightshade sounds like a great read. Thanks for the ideas.

Aine
House Millar - WWW Wednesdays

Anonymous said...

Wow, we have remarkably similiar lists! :) I've been holding out for Audible to add Touch of Frost... I'm really looking forward to that one. Jennifer Estep's Elemental Assassin series is one of my favs.

New follower! Thanks for the WWW visit.

Lacey said...

Yes, Nightshade will be purchased. I have seen Touch of Frost around, I am looking forward to your review.


Good luck with your revisions today!

-Lacey

Clare said...

Thanks for visiting my website! I've seen Nightshade around but I was wondering if it was any good. Maybe I will check it out!

MeikkiBeibi said...

I have Nightshade on my list of books to read. :) I absolutely love the cover. :)

I'm a new follower of your blog. :)
You can visit my Wednesday Entry here: http://niinas-reading-and-reviewing.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-wednesdays-2.html

Susan @ The Book Bag said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have not really gotten into paranormal books but the cover of Nightshade is beautiful. I may just have to pick that one up.

Happy reading!

Frances said...

Awesome picks! I want to read them all!
Thanks for stopping by. Following you on Twitter. :) http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to like Nightshade, but I couldn't. I listened to it on audiobook, which may have been part of the issue: the narrator lingered so long over the love triangle and that whole side of the story, and seemed to traipse right on through the "mystery" side, the history of the Guardians and all that. It drove me nuts.

Here's my WWW. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

You have great books out there! I have Nighshade too. I want to read Touch of Frost! :) I might get it on my next visit to the bookstore.

Thanks for visiting my site Amy :)

~april

Lauren B said...

Great choices.
Enjoy your books and thanks for stopping by.

Amy said...

Christine Rains: Jennifer Estep is great. Thank you for stopping by!

Theresa Milstein: Those are some great reads - now i have more to add to my TBR pile!

Anya Millar: Thank you for stopping by!

BJ @ Dark Side of the Covers: Haven't read the Elemental Assassin series yet - but I will have to now. Thank you for the follow!

Lacey: Thank you!

Clare: You should check it out, it's really good!

Niina: Thank you for following! :)

Susan: Thank you for stopping by!

Cristina: Thank you for the visit and the follow!

couchpotatocritic: lol, yeah I try to avoid audio books at all costs. Most characters have their own voice in my head, and it messes me up. They do lay on the triangle angle a little thick though!

Books4Juliet: Touch of Frost is great, you should get it! :)

Lauren B: Thank you for stopping by!

Rachel Brooks said...

Nightshade is still on my TBR list. My list is growing faster than I can keep up!

Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for the follow - I followed you too! ;)
I hear you about the list, I'm not sure mine has an end to it!