I'm starting today with some Follow Friday fun, hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read with Feature Bloggers - Holjo (Pedantic Phooka) and Drying Ink.
Q. Have you ever wanted a villain to win at the end of a story? If so, which one??
A. Hmmm.....Thats a tough one. Well, in book wise I'm pro MC so I always want the villain to get dusted at the end of the story. However, there are some instances where it would have been interesting to see where the story would take off with an alternative route.
One I would choose, is Jude from The Dark Divine by Bree Desspain. I've only read the first book so far, so I don't know what happens next, but I would have liked him to interrupt Grace from curing David. I liked him as a werewolf.....but hey....I like all bad boy rough and tough werewolves....so who knows what is to come. Oh right....this is about Jude.....I think I might have to read The Lost Saint now, as I REALLY want to know what happens!
Now for tv wise, one villain I would have liked to win at the end of the story is Sylar (played by Zachary Quinto) from Heroes. I LOVED his character! He was mean, twisted, backstabbing, and clever...all the while looking good at the same time. Sure, he tried to cut off peoples heads to steal their abilities and had a weird obsession with cheerleaders, but he was clearly misunderstood.
I blame all the other characters for his whining downfall, and I much prefer him from season one and two. It does well for him to be all silent and menacing while creeping in the shadows. Sort of like Freddie Kruger, more scary staying back and silent than coming up to you and making witty quips that make you want to laugh at him, right before he kills you.
Who's your favorite Villain? Have a great weekend all!
21 comments:
Ooh, I do love Heros!
- New follower
I've never wanted a book villain to win, but I forgot all about Sylar! Ah, I loved him in the first couple of seasons. I also love Zach Q, he did an amazing job of portraying him!
Books of Amber
Hah! Sylar is almost perfect - I fell in love with Noah's character in Season One when he was still a 'villain', so I probably would've had him win over Sylar :D
I know exactly what you mean about being pro-MC! Many times I see people watching TV shows or reading books despite hating the main, and I just don't know how they do it. I guess I either love the MC, or I just don't read the book or watch the show at all.
Rywn
Does Pam from True Blood count as a villian? I just love her to death. She's snarky and hilarious:)
Good reading ~ Escape by Fiction
Renu: Thank you for the follow - you rock! :)
Amber Griffiths: Your so right! Zach was great as Sylar, I'll forever only see him as that....or maybe Spock now too!
Rywn: Noah was great as a villain in season one, I wish he would have stayed that way.
I'm the same way - I love relating to the MC, it certainly makes for a more enjoyable read!
Escape by Fiction: She sure does! I love her character too, she is very entertaining!
Darth Maul - and such a shame they killed him off in the first movie.
I haven't read The Dark Divine yet, though I hope to read it some day. I can't remember specific books, but I do root for the villains to get their happy ending some times, if not necessarily win.
Old follower:)
Have a great weekend!
http://beyondstrangenewwords.blogspot.com/2011/09/book-blogger-hop-28-follow-friday-3.html
New Follower Here! OMG!! I miss heroes! That used to be one of my favorite shows!
Feel free to follow back @ http://www.booklove101.blogspot.com
I wanted Sylar to do good too. ;)
New Follower. :) My Friday!!! Have a great weekend!
Sylar was awesome, wasn't he? Great post!
Alex J. Cavanaugh: Darth Maul was great! I would've like to see more of him too!
Pepca: I know what you mean, I like it when they have a back-story that makes the reader sympathize.
Book Love 101: Me too!! I hated the "ending" they gave it, just made me want more. Thank you for the follow!
Niina: He was definitely a great character - thank you for the follow!
Lydia K: He totally was! Thank you!
I really liked Jude too, but I also loved Daniel. I just hope Jude is able to redeem himself, especially after The Lost Saint. Enjoy! :)
Sylar. Nice choice. He was far more interesting than most of the other characters on that show. I would have liked the Goblin King to win in Labyrinth. I mean, who really wants to save their little brother?!
Niiice! I really enjoyed The Dark Divine, and I have the second one in my TBR pile. Although it will take awhile for me to catch up again since I haven't read it in so long!
Here's my Friday Hops
Have a GREAT weekend!
Old Follower :)
I usually want the hero to win! I can't think of one that I didn't!
My Follow Friday!
Thanks for stopping by today! I'm not familiar with this one, but nice answer. New follower!
Have a great weekend!
ohh I'm still really interested in reading the Dark Divine. I picked up The Lost Saint at the local borders when it was going out of business and got it for like 80% off (even though I didnt have the first book lol). I need to get on that, it sounds so good!
New Follower
Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
Ooh, I like Sylar, too!
Jenni Elyse: Ooooh, now I have to read the Lost Saint!
Christine Rains: lol - I LOVED the Goblin King too!
Jessica@a GREAT read: I think I need to catch up too, and the third one is coming out soon! :)
Tia: I know what you mean!
Two Bibliomaniacs: Thank you for stopping by and for the follow!
Kristan: Thank you for the follow! I can't wait to read the Lost Saint!
Jennifer | Book Den: He is great!
Thanks for stopping by over at Drying Ink - I haven't read your choices, but they sound interesting. I have to admit, I love 'grey' conflicts - where we're not sure if the protagonists or antagonists are the heroes of the story - if anyone is! I'm following back.
Thank you for stopping by Release Notes. As for tv villains, I love the vamps on True Blood. They are trying to be good but in the end, they just have to give in to their nature! I love it!
Karen
Post a Comment