Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Review: The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

From Goodreads
Product Description:

Ash, former prince of the Winter Court, gave up everything. His title, his home, even his vow of loyalty. All for a girl… and all for nothing.

Unless he can earn a soul.

To cold, emotionless faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought.

Then Meghan Chase—a half human, half fey slip of a girl— smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive.

With the (unwelcome) company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end— a quest to find a way to honor his solemn vow to stand by Meghan’s side.

To survive in the Iron realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. At least, no one has ever passed to tell the tale.

And then Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that turns reality upside down, challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.



My Take:

The Iron Fey series has been one of my favorite books for a while now, so it was very sad to see this finally come to an end. I almost didn't want to read it right away, because once I got to the end that would be it. But my curiosity won out. The reason being is that this one is all about Ash and his journey be something he really yearns to be. I honestly think I must have been swooning over Ash for the entire book - Team Ash am I!

This one picks up right after Summer's Crossing with Ash traveling with Puck so that he can find a way be with Meghan again. On they're journey they come across some they know and some they wish they didn't. I loved that Ash's history is slowly revealed. He no longer will be the impervious Winter prince to me, not that he ever was in my eyes. he reason is Ariella and what really happend with Puck.

As mush as I love Ash, I really liked seeing Puck too. He is like an old friend that I can't get enough of, and don't want to lose. I can see the reason that Meghan had feelings for him for a little while, I would to in her situation. I kind of hope we get to see more of him in a spinoff story or something, because even though we get a peek into him, I just know there is more than meets the eye. Plus he's pretty hilarious, so anything with him would be an awesome read.

The Iron Knight is full of twists and turns while taking the reader on an emotional thrill-ride while full of none stop action and laughs. The ending left me in tears and like all the other books before it I never wanted it to end. In other words, The Iron Knight did not disappoint. All in all, I totally recommend this book for a read or several! 




7 comments:

Jac @ ForLoveandBooks said...

I really need to give this series a try, I've heard so many wonderful things about it. (The bad thing about book blogs? My TBR pile keeps getting bigger and bigger!! LOL!)

Thanks for the great review :)

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

Yessss I totally agree! I think your review might say almost the exact same thing as mine hahah :) Great minds. Awesome review! I'm glad you liked it :)

Misha Gerrick said...

Ooh I really want to read the series now. :-)

Marshmellow said...

Awww I can't wait until October....I NEED IT NOW! But I agree with you about the Iron Fey Series being awesome. Team Ash all the way :)

Susan Fields said...

Oooh...that sounds good! I haven't heard of this series before, I'll have to check it out.

KB said...

This sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

Thank you all for checking out my review! Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)