From Amazon
Product Description:
Mom touched my underdress—a gown made six hundred years before—and her eyes widened as she rubbed the raw silk between thumb and forefinger. She turned and touched Lia’s gown. “Where did you get these clothes?”
Gabi knows she’s left her heart in the fourteenth century and she persuades Lia to help her to return, even though they know doing so will risk their very lives. When they arrive, weeks have passed and all of Siena longs to celebrate the heroines who turned the tide in the battle against Florence—while the Florentines will go to great lengths to see them dead.
But Marcello patiently awaits, and Gabi must decide if she’s willing to leave her family behind for good in order to give her heart to him forever.
My Take:
In the sequel to Waterfall, Gabi and Lia return! I really loved seeing more of them, especially since this one picks up right where Waterfall left off. Naturally there is some tension, mostly because there mother is brought into the picture. What do you get when you send two teenage girls and they're archeologist mother back into the past? An awesome thrill-ride of a story that I couldn't put down until I finished!
Unlike the first book though, there isn't as much light and fun fluffy stuff to start out with. Which is reasonable given everything Gabi went through in Waterfall at the end. Speaking of that, it's one of the reasons I think she just might be my favorite narrator. Usually I love me some snarky wordplay, and while she has some, her voice is still strong. The reason I like her is because her character is very strong. She isn't your typical girl lead, flying into a romance and situations without care, instead she takes stock in what she does and how she does it. Even more, is that she remains close with her mother and sister. This makes her real to me.
Aside from my love of the main character, there is also more of the guys in this one too. Meaning Marcello and Luca! Between the two, I think I just might prefer Luca, weird I know. Of course, this might have to do with the fact that I like snarky, and he totally has it. Not that Marcello isn't great, because he is. And more importantly, he is perfect for Gabi. I just get swept away with their feelings, very intense.
Like it's predecessor, Cascade is an incredibly wild journey of a young girl finding love in the past and having to overcome obstacle along the way. It's fast past and will most assuredly keep you on your toes and reading until your finished. All in all, this is a great installment to The River of Time Series, and I definitely recommend this one for a read or several. Be sure to check out the first book Waterfall and the third one Torrent!
Hope everyone has a great and safe Labor Day weekend! :)

5 comments:
You have a great weekend as well, Amy!
I love the cover art. Have a great labor day weekend. Book trailer is pretty awesome too with the green lines and stuff.
Have a wonderful weekend! The book sounds intriguing.
This series seems something I'd enjoy. Thanks for the review!
Alex J. Cavanaugh: Thank you!
Michael Offutt: Thank you for checking it out!
Christine Rains: Thanks for stopping by!
Pepca: Thank you!
Post a Comment