Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Review: Forgotten by Cat Patrick

From Amazon
Product Description:
 
Each night at precisely 4:33 am, while sixteen-year-old London Lane is asleep, her memory of that day is erased. In the morning, all she can "remember" are events from her future. London is used to relying on reminder notes and a trusted friend to get through the day, but things get complicated when a new boy at school enters the picture. Luke Henry is not someone you'd easily forget, yet try as she might, London can't find him in her memories of things to come. 

When London starts experiencing disturbing flashbacks, or flash-forwards, as the case may be, she realizes it's time to learn about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

My Take:

As soon as I read the synopsis I just knew I had to read this story, and boy am I glad that I did! Forgotten is about London, a girl that has a mysterious condition in which she see's memories from the future rather than the past. Her daily life is a constant battle to stay ahead of the game and not make the smallest mistake. It all changes when a new boy comes to school and she doesn't see him in her memories future. To say that she is shocked by this is an understatement, but it makes for an interesting adventure for her.

What happens next is a love story so beautiful, that I was sucked in right from the start. Luke is such a wonderful character and I think I might have fallen for him right along with London. He completes her in a way that makes her feel almost normal in her constant chaos. Unfortunately like most things, it's not easy. They're journey together is one that will stick with me for a while.

But it's her characters voice and the way she see's things that make that happen for me. To overcome everything that is thrown at her is so brave, that I wonder if I would be able to do the same in her situation. I would like to think that I would, but I'm not so sure. Her world gets spiraled out of control when her condition takes a turn and something from the past catches up with her. What happened next is a thrill-ride of emotional turmoil that had me in tears more than once. 

All in all, Forgotten is an intriguing heartwarming story that I definitely recommend for a read or several! Cat Patrick is now one of my favorite writers, and I so can't wait for her next book to come out. 

2 comments:

Christine Rains said...

Oh, intriguing. I like the trailer. It's creepy. And the promise of an ending guaranteed to surprise me. I'll have to put it on my TBR list... if I don't forget!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting! The idea of falling in love with somebody for the first time, over and over again, is intriguing for sure...