- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:
"Bringing it to his lips, he pressed a kiss against each fingertip, then my palm and then my lips. And that was when someone knocked on the door."
Pg. 284, Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
From Goodreads
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.
Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden.Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden.
But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.
My Take
Some time ago I added this one to my TBR list and kept putting it off for some reason or another, but then I finally gave it a read. And I am so glad that I did, because this is in a tie for my favorite book of the year! The story centers around Alex who fled from The Covenant with her mother for reasons she's not sure of. All she really knows for sure is that it's something bad, so bad that when something awful happens to her, she winds up on her own and running scared. Now she finds herself back at the Covenant, in the arms of the people she ran from. Only they are not just people, their people with godlike abilities, and Alex is about to find out more than she would like about what she really is.
The main character is Alex and right off the bat we get to know her personality through something traumatic. As a reader, I love hearing the voice of the narrator, and love it even more when they are snarky. Alex is definitely that and then some, and it's great! Nothing is easy for her though and she finds t hard to trust people, especially when she isn't sure about herself. It has to be said that she is such a strong character. I doubt that I'd react the same to some of the things she goes through again and again. Underneath it all though, she is still just a girl, one that follows her heart even if it leads her the wrong way.
My most favorite aspect of Half-Blood has to be theboys guys, because behind every great heroine there is always a super hot guy to obsess over. Am I right? So who are these guys you ask, well they come in the form of Aiden and Seth. Lets start with Aiden shall we. He's a great looking, dark featured, strong silent type who finds himself having to train Alex in some of the things she missed while she was away. It's no surprise that these two hit off right away, the problem though is that he's a pure blood and she's not; it's forbidden for them to be together. Total bummer, because Aiden is the best basically.
However, this brings us to Seth...*sigh*...Seth. Who is he you ask? Well, he just happens to be the Apollyon, a super pure blood if you will but it's explained in a better way that I won't spoil. I will say that he's this snarky guy that has a I don't care what I do or say kind of attitude. Plus, he's wrapped in this yummy good looking, light featured, highly witty tough guy shell thatI you can't get enough of. So really it's no surprise again that he attaches himself to Alex at every turn, but does she respond to him like she does with Aiden? I'm not telling, you'll just have to find out for yourself! It is quite the thrill-ride though, and totally worth looking into.
The main character is Alex and right off the bat we get to know her personality through something traumatic. As a reader, I love hearing the voice of the narrator, and love it even more when they are snarky. Alex is definitely that and then some, and it's great! Nothing is easy for her though and she finds t hard to trust people, especially when she isn't sure about herself. It has to be said that she is such a strong character. I doubt that I'd react the same to some of the things she goes through again and again. Underneath it all though, she is still just a girl, one that follows her heart even if it leads her the wrong way.
My most favorite aspect of Half-Blood has to be the
However, this brings us to Seth...*sigh*...Seth. Who is he you ask? Well, he just happens to be the Apollyon, a super pure blood if you will but it's explained in a better way that I won't spoil. I will say that he's this snarky guy that has a I don't care what I do or say kind of attitude. Plus, he's wrapped in this yummy good looking, light featured, highly witty tough guy shell that
Amongst all the captivating storytelling and yummy hot guys there is a really great start to a series with Half-Blood, one I am looking forward to eagerly anticipating and consuming the day of it's release. If you love a great story that sets up a beautifully original world with wonderful characters that you just can't get enough of, then I definitely recommend this one for a read and then a re-read because it is that good!
Check out Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout HERE on Goodreads to give a read and view the awesome trailer below! :)

20 comments:
Typical.... isn't that always when someone knocks.. lol
Hiya =) Brilliant Teaser Here is my TT
New follower
Happy reading
Anna =)
Ack! Why the door! :) Great teaser!
Mine is on my other blog for 2012: http://surroundedbybooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesdays-last-rising-by-rachel.html
Ooh how I loved this book! (And Pure is even better)
The scene you teased was one of my favorites. ;)
Thanks for stopping by LIO!
What terrible timing.
Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.
That's a great teaser from a great book! I have the Pure ARC, but am forcing myself to wait a bit. Great review, also.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Oh my goodness, I adored this book. I distinctly remember the scene that you took this teaser from (who wouldn't really?!?). I could reread that part for days.... Awesome choice!
Feel free to check out my teaser here.
No joke, just when things start to heat up there's a knock on the door. Tease, tease, tease! LOL, happy reading and thanks for stopping by my TT today! Book Savvy Babe
Somebody always knocks:) Great teaser!Here is my TT.
That sounds intriguing. Thanks for sharing!
Ooh hot teaser ;)
I still haven't read this one yet, but I have an ARC of Pure and am planning on reading both soon!
:) Aeicha @ Word Spleunking
Great teaser! I really hope they ignore the knock.
Thanks for visiting my blog, and happy reading this week!
Oh shock there's a knock! <- totally didn't mean for that to ryhme lol.
Great teaser, new follower :-)
Here's my TT:
http://ttoria.blogspot.com
Happy New Year!
TToria
xo
Talk about horrendous timing! Loved this one and am reading Pure right now!
Here's my Teaser
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Hahaha there is always a knock on the door at the wrong time. I must say what a beautiful cover too.
Thanks for stopping by my TT
Great teaser I really want to read this series everyone seems to love it
damn that knock on the door, lol!
Oh you lucky ducky. I so want to read this one. I have it on my TBR list that consists of 27 books, so far. I still have like $140 in Christmas book money for more books. So I know that TBR list is only going to go longer instead of shorter. I can't wait to get to this one. It sounds so good.
Thanks for stopping by my page. I enjoyed your teaser. =D
I've got this one in my TBR pile too! :)
Interesting teaser. Definitely need to look into this one. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment