Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays & Almost Final Curtain by Tate Hallaway Review

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teasers:

"I raised my hand. “I’ve got news,” I shouted. From the horrified looks everyone gave me, this was apparently not the proper way to get the attention of the prince. My dad looked all disapproving until he realized I was the idiot who hadn’t received her copy of Vampire Court Manners for Dummies."

Pg. 203, Almost Final Curtain (Vampire Princess of St. Paul #2) by Tate Hallaway.


 From Goodreads

Craving the spotlight is in her blood.

Ever since high school student Anastasija Parker discovered she was vampire royalty, her life has been sort of crazy. The half-vampire- half-witch just wants some normalcy, and trying out for the spring musical seems like the perfect fix.

But when the ancient talisman that stands between vampire freedom and slavery to witches is stolen, Ana has to skip rehersal and track down the dangerous artifact before someone uses it to make this year's curtain call her last...


My Take:

When I first started reading Almost to Die For by Tate Hallaway, I knew I was in store for something awesome, and by the end of it I was right. It all has to do with the main character Ana and the events that lead her to the discovery of what she is really capable of. That being the combination of witch and vampire! See? Completely awesome, not to mention the little love triangle she inadvertently made with one of the vampires and a witch vampire hunter. All of this is why I had to read this sequel right away.

Starting some time after the events of it's predecessor, in Almost Final Curtain, Ana has a lot more to contend with. While getting back into the swing of things of school and theater, she is slowly getting into a relationship with Nikolai. This is somewhat hindered by the fact that she is also being courted by Elias at the same time. Add to the mix of the little trinket that secures vampires under the control of witches going missing, then things get interesting for poor Ana  She is smack dab in the middle of an ancient war with her parents at the head of it all. And I thought I had problems!

Aside from Ana, there are a plethora of amazing side characters. One of them being Bea, who still continues to be the best basically! She grew up a lot from the first book and I just loved that about her, plus her allegiance to Ana is wonderful. I so want her as a best friend, she'd be the perfect backup in sticky situations, literally. Other than her though, the boys have to make the story, again naturally. Because don't they usually? I could always use a good swoon!

Boy one comes in the form of Nikolai, the super hot witch vampire hunter that Ana has grown up around. The chemistry between the two is still palpable like the last book, but this time around there appears to be more tension. Ana being half vampire definitely puts a strain on the two of them, especially since he's nearing the day where he becomes a full hunter. Boy two comes in the form of Elias, the mysterious vampire who thanks to a blood exchange with Ana he is basically courting her now for them to be married. It sounds more serious than it is, mostly because she doesn't take it that seriously. Of course, he comes in handy when she gets closer to the hiding place of the missing trinket.

The events of Almost Final Curtain send Ana not only on a hunt in the background of a brewing war, but also on a journey to prove she is still just a girl underneath it all. I couldn't put it down until I reached the end and  love the combination of magic, vampires, and teen angst (which comes in the form of someone I didn't see coming). Basically I totally recommend this for a read or several! I can't wait for the release of the next book in the series, Almost Everything, which comes out this February!       

Check out Almost Final Curtain by Tate Hallaway HERE on Goodreads to give a read! :)

24 comments:

Trish said...

good tease & nice review! i haven't heard of this book before today.

satins booki said...

cool teaser, thanks for stopping by :)

Stephen said...

Well, whatever works!

JC Jones said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your teaser sounds like so much fun.

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

That teaser sounds funny!!! Thanks for visiting My Teaser from Wish Upon A Star!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Sierra said...

I got this a few months ago at the Borders closing sales--haven't had time to check it out, so I thank you for the tease! Maybe I'll get this one read soon! :D

My TT

Anonymous said...

I love this teaser! Going to have to check out book one now.

Thanks for visiting Letters Inside Out

Book Savvy Babe said...

LOLs, love that teaser, sounds like a really cute, pretty great book! Book Savvy Babe’s TT

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Tempting teaser...thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog!

Claire's Book Corner said...

Great teaser! I've not seen this book before it looks good.

Thanks for stopping by.

Have a great TT

Christine Rains said...

The teaser is hilarious!

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Heh! Nice! Read the first book in this series a long time ago. It was pretty interesting. Enjoy the rest!

Here's my Teaser

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

kayerj said...

sounds interesting. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Marcie said...

Great teaser. I did not know about this series until now. I'm going to add this book to my tbr pile. Thanks for sharing and stopping by to visit my tt post.

Jan said...

Interesting and funny. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier today.

Unknown said...

I loved this book!! I can't wait for the next one!! Great tease!

Fireflywishes said...

I really like that teaser! I haven't heard of this series before but I'm definitely going to check it out!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

April @ My Shelf Confessions

Unknown said...

Nice teaser! I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds really good.

Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

Amy said...

Thank you all for stopping by - glad you enjoyed the tease! :) Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Unknown said...

This is the first time I've seen this book. Nice teaser and great review! I'll check this out... Thanks for sharing!

XO, April

Anonymous said...

lol! Nice teaser. Here's mine:

http://jaimeliredeslivres.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-9-tempest.html

Anonymous said...

Lol, sounds like quite the fun read! It sounds good. Might have to look it up! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Louisa @ Words I Write Crazy said...

Nice teaser! Very funny! :)

And great review :)

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

Love the teaser!
Vampire Dummy LOL :P

Thanks for visiting :)


Krazyyme @ Young Readers