Valemont University is like any other exclusive east coast college. Rich students. Excellent faculty. Impressive alumni. Except Valemont has a secret. A dangerous one. Our eyes into this mysterious world of privilege and power belong to Sophie Fields. Informed by the police that they've discovered a body they believe to be her brother, Eric Gracen, Sophie soon realizes there's more to the story.
Sophie steals a cell phone that was found with her brother's personal effects. It reveals that he was a student at Valemont. She assumes another student's identity and enrolls in the college herself, intent on discovering exactly what happened to the brother she hadn't seen for years - and who murdered him.
Through a series of text and video messages on Eric's phone, Sophie pieces together the mystery that was her brother's life at Valemont...and discovers that his fate may soon be her own.
My Take
Okay wow! Best movie ever, seriously guys! So on Friday night I found myself with some free time since my daughter went for a sleepover with her Nana. Naturally, I lounged on the couch wondering what the heck I could do to kill the time before bed, since you know I was now bored without my daughter. What happened was literally an hour of channel surfing (and not finding a single thing, go figure) which then turned into On Demand surfing. After scanning all the free movies, I found myself stuck on some pretty tough choices from FearNet. I must have watched the first five minutes of like ten horror movies before deciding on Valemont.
Honestly, the description didn't pull me in, but I'm a sucker for Eric Balfour. So Valemont it was and boy am I glad I chose it! What I thought was a story about a girl searching for her missing brother and going undercover at his school, quickly turned into every single paranormal book I love to read and consume! The story starts with Maggie (aka. Sophia) as she stands over her brothers body in the morgue after not seeing him for years. Instead of doing the natural thing like sobbing uncontrollably, she swipes his cellphone out of an evidence bag and splits. Through video recordings he left prior to his death, she is lead to Valemont University in search for answers on what really happened to him.
This is where things get incredibly interesting, because it all starts with a sexy bad boy type, Sebastian, who Maggie feels a pull to right away but obviously he already has a snobby girlfriend named Beatrice. While on the prowl for answers she also runs into her brothers friend Gabriel, who tries to give her some subtle vague clues as to what is going on, but she thinks he's a weirdo so she ignores him. Instead, she and her roommate Poppy (who is the best) decide to break into one of the more popular dorms (also the place her brother was last seen from his video recording) and crash a private Halloween party. What happens next is the two girls stumbling in on hottie Sebastien engorging in on some pig blood while a huge crowd watches with eager anticipation!
Why you ask?
Valemont is a school is for VAMPIRES!
Yup, that's right I said it, vampires! Since all of that takes place in the beginning, you can probably imagine that the movie and storyline gets even better, and it totally does. I'm not going to give anything away, because I don't want to ruin all the awesomeness of the incredible reveals. And what reveals they were! I was literally on the edge of my seat, there is so much going on, I couldn't believe it or even try to guess as to what could possibly happen next. This cast of characters is the best from the brave and snarky Maggie, the hot and mysterious Sebastien, the weird and nosy Gabriel, and the awesomely fun Poppy! All I knew was that I was loving this and wondering how I could've not seen it before now. This movie has amazing bestselling book series written all over it and I so hope there is going to be a sequel or something. I want to know what happens next!
One thing is for sure, I definitely recommend watching Valemont if you love every young adult paranormal romance book that are literally overflowing bookshelves. There is none stop mystery, crazy reveals, hot romance and enough action to keep you watching until the end. If there is any movie to indulge on a free night with On Demand (or you know, ANYTIME in general) this is the movie for you. Plus, as a bonus, check out the MTV website for prequel webisodes told through Eric's video feeds.
Have you seen any good movies this weekend?


1 comment:
Sound just like a movie for me - I will definitely check it out. Great review!
Post a Comment