Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Musing Mondays with Clockwork Prince

Musing Mondays is a meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. This week’s musing asks…

What is/are the first book(s) you’re reading for the new year?

Currently I am reading Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2) by

In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa's powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister's war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move and that one of their own has betrayed them. 

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will; the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do? 

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.


So friends, what are you reading this year? Come on share - I need more to add for my TBR pile! I am off to read for a bit while continuing to chug the coffee...I love mornings like these, perfect. Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday weekend, as well as a great start to the new year!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't really decided what I'll read first for the new year. Maybe Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Hope you enjoy Clockwork Prince.

Win a signed copy of On a Dark Wing + special gift

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm almost finished with M. Pax's book and then I'll read one by Roland Yeomans. (Both blogger buddies.)

PinkPigReads said...

I haven't started the series but looking forward to it soon! Thanks for stopping by and Happy New Year! :)

Cathy De Los Santos said...

Yah this is the book I'm starting today so it too is my first book. Here's my Musing.

Anonymous said...

Great to see people moving right along with their reading!

I'm reading a nonfiction book now, but there's plenty of fiction on the table too.

Gigi Ann said...

I'm reading a novel by a new author to me. So far, so good.

Thanks for your visit today.

Aeicha @ Word Spelunking said...

I still need to start this series. I've been wary of it, but it's still on my 2012 To Read list :)

TP said...

I started with The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Clockwork Prince is on my list of books to be read this year!

Yvonne said...

This sounds really good! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Christine Rains said...

I need to get my hands on that book! I'm currently reading Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep. Awesome YA paranormal.

Katie said...

Ooh I hope you enjoy the clockwork prince! And you are al,ost to 400 followers, congrats! Happy reading, new follower!
Katie
http://magicisinwords.blogspot.com/2012/01/musing-monday-1212.html

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I started Clockwork Angel because of pressure from my daughter. I'll get to them both.

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Oh, I hope you enjoy this one! :) Most of my friends liked it but I haven't read it yet. Great pick!

Vicky
Books, Biscuits & Tea

Anonymous said...

I haven't read this series yet, but so many people seem to be loving it!

My MM

Unknown said...

I died while reading Clockwork Prince. Rly, died of happiness. It was that good! lol Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Amy said...

Thank you all for stopping by! My list of books to read this year is definitely longer than last year, I can't wait to check them all out! :)