Happy Valentines Day
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser
“I can't forget you, any more than I can forget my own name." He kissed me then, and the world which no longer mattered, completely fell away.”
Pg. 353, Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready
From Goodreads
Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to.
Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift.
As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart.
My Take
I loved Shade, the first book in the trilogy, but I have to admit that I loved Shift WAY more. So much so that I read it in a day, seriously I couldn't put it down! This is the first sequel this year that I thought was definitely better that it's predecessor. There is certainly more of a emotional pull this time around (or at least to me anyways) and by the end I was a mess...in a good way. Diving back into the world where violet ghosts are a known fact after the Shift sixteen years prior, was an adventure though. Especially since it starts right where Shade left off, which is with Aura mourning the loss of her newly turned ghost to shade (ex) boyfriend Logan. After months of calling to him, she's about to give up when he finally shows seeking help to finally be able to cross over. What happens next is where things get a little crazy and completely high up on the awesome scale! I'm not going to spoil it...don't even ask!
Like in Shade Aura is still a great main character, but this time around she has a more revered way about her. Don't get me wrong, she's still got spunk and a ton of determination, but she saves that side for trying to figure out her past and how it's playing into her present circumstances. When it comes to Logan though, she continues to be heartbroken in a tragic way (or maybe that's me projecting?), but things take a more final turn and make reach a completion. Not that this means there is a lack of drama, because there is enough in Shift to win an award. Seriously, the love triangle going on between Aura, Logan, and the Scottish hottie Zachary at some point becomes a square! And no, I'm not saying who makes up the other point, you'll have to read for yourself. I will say however, that the situation that stirs this mix together is pretty hilarious and pretty sweet.
Speaking of Zachary, I love the fact that he becomes so much more in this installment. Whereas he was more of a friend with a possible romance in the future in Shade, here he transforms into this amazing irresistible guy. Sparks fly whenever they are around one another, but nothing is ever easy. There is the fact that he and Aura have some mysterious sort of shared history that they have to wrangle out, so this complicates things a little bit. Add to the mix of family drama, problems with the nosy government, and conflicting emotions about trusting the other; he and Aura are basically put to the test. As much as I love Zachary (and I really do - hello accent!), I still love Logan more. There is just something about him that sucks me in, maybe it's the snarky bad boy type, but whatever it is I think he rocks - literally. The growth of not only Aura but also everyone around her is my favorite part of Shift, it makes the sequel carry itself as something of it's own greatness, making it very memorable.
Overall, like it's predecessor Shade, this was a very compelling and interesting story that grabbed my attention and kept it. It's full of so much heartbreak and life changing circumstances, that by the end I was a sobbing mess. This is one story that I won't be able to get out of my head for a while, not that I mind, because there is more to the mystery of Aura's background and I can't wait to unlock it! Jeri Smith-Ready is so one of my new favorite authors and I can't wait to consume everything written by her. I definitely recommend this book for a read or too and then maybe go back for a re-read. I'm already pre-ordering the third book Shine and can't wait to find out what is going to happen next!
Like in Shade Aura is still a great main character, but this time around she has a more revered way about her. Don't get me wrong, she's still got spunk and a ton of determination, but she saves that side for trying to figure out her past and how it's playing into her present circumstances. When it comes to Logan though, she continues to be heartbroken in a tragic way (or maybe that's me projecting?), but things take a more final turn and make reach a completion. Not that this means there is a lack of drama, because there is enough in Shift to win an award. Seriously, the love triangle going on between Aura, Logan, and the Scottish hottie Zachary at some point becomes a square! And no, I'm not saying who makes up the other point, you'll have to read for yourself. I will say however, that the situation that stirs this mix together is pretty hilarious and pretty sweet.
Speaking of Zachary, I love the fact that he becomes so much more in this installment. Whereas he was more of a friend with a possible romance in the future in Shade, here he transforms into this amazing irresistible guy. Sparks fly whenever they are around one another, but nothing is ever easy. There is the fact that he and Aura have some mysterious sort of shared history that they have to wrangle out, so this complicates things a little bit. Add to the mix of family drama, problems with the nosy government, and conflicting emotions about trusting the other; he and Aura are basically put to the test. As much as I love Zachary (and I really do - hello accent!), I still love Logan more. There is just something about him that sucks me in, maybe it's the snarky bad boy type, but whatever it is I think he rocks - literally. The growth of not only Aura but also everyone around her is my favorite part of Shift, it makes the sequel carry itself as something of it's own greatness, making it very memorable.
Overall, like it's predecessor Shade, this was a very compelling and interesting story that grabbed my attention and kept it. It's full of so much heartbreak and life changing circumstances, that by the end I was a sobbing mess. This is one story that I won't be able to get out of my head for a while, not that I mind, because there is more to the mystery of Aura's background and I can't wait to unlock it! Jeri Smith-Ready is so one of my new favorite authors and I can't wait to consume everything written by her. I definitely recommend this book for a read or too and then maybe go back for a re-read. I'm already pre-ordering the third book Shine and can't wait to find out what is going to happen next!
Check out Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready HERE on Goodreads to give a read and view this awesome fan made tribute video to Logan Keeley below! :)
What's YOUR teaser?

15 comments:
Awww! such a great teaser! Made me melt a little bit. Thanks for stopping by. :)
I find so many good books doing this. So little time, so many books. Thanks for visiting
Such a wonderful series!!! That teaser...awww!
Thanks for stopping by LIO!
Great teaser! I have to read this series. Here is my TT.
Great teaser! I cried the entire time I read Shade and Shift. I may have a breakdown reading Shine!
Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!
Great teaser!
Happy Valentine's Day!
This sounds like a great read. I'll look it up on Goodreads and get it on my list. Thanks!
I haven't read this series, yet, but based on that teaser, I think I'm gonna have to! Zachary's does sound irresistible, and I like how he is progressing in the series.
A great teaser, enjoy!
http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday_14.html
Fantastic teaser! You always tempt with the books you put up here. Have a great Valentines day!
Nice teaser :-) I've heard good things about this series.
Great Teaser. It was a perfect choice for Valentines Day. I will look the book up on goodreads and check it out. I am visiting from the Origins blogfest. I am a new follower.
Aww! What a great teaser!
Here's mine: http://surroundedbybooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesdays-x2-trust-me-tell-me-by.html
I finished Shade last week and thought it was okay. It depressed me that I didn't love it as much as everyone else. I'm glad you liked Shift. Maybe I'll try it.
wow, you read so quick!
thanks for the tease, interesting concept this series has =)
Post a Comment