"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters #2) by Kelly Keaton
Expected publication: February 21st 2012
Myth and mayhem inhabit a richly reimagined New Orleans in this sequel to Darkness Becomes Her.After the epic graveyard battle at the end of Darkness Becomes Her, Ari and her friends know what they’re up against: Ari is facing the Medusa curse and is haunted by the image of what she will become. To make matters worse, the heinous goddess Athena has kidnapped young Violet and is threatening to destroy Ari.
Ari, along with the superhot Sebastian, is doing everything she can to learn more about Athena and to get Violet back. But the battle of good and evil is bigger than she realizes, and she’s about to be pulled into a world more horrific than she could ever imagine...
I loved everything about Darkness Becomes Her and so can't wait to dive back into the world of a mixture of paranormals with Ari. I have a feeling that this one is going to be more of an adventure than the last one, and if so then it's going to be great! Plus, I can't wait to read more Sebastian!
Ari, along with the superhot Sebastian, is doing everything she can to learn more about Athena and to get Violet back. But the battle of good and evil is bigger than she realizes, and she’s about to be pulled into a world more horrific than she could ever imagine...
I loved everything about Darkness Becomes Her and so can't wait to dive back into the world of a mixture of paranormals with Ari. I have a feeling that this one is going to be more of an adventure than the last one, and if so then it's going to be great! Plus, I can't wait to read more Sebastian!
Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren DeStefano
Expected publication: February 21st 2012
Rhine and Gabriel have escaped the mansion, but danger is never far behind.
Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ringmistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago - surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness.
The two are determined to get to Manhattan, to relative safety with Rhine’s twin brother, Rowan. But the road there is long and perilous - and in a world where young women only live to age twenty and young men die at twenty-five, time is precious. Worse still, they can’t seem to elude Rhine’s father-in-law, Vaughn, who is determined to bring Rhine back to the mansion...by any means necessary.
In the sequel to Lauren DeStefano’s harrowing Wither, Rhine must decide if freedom is worth the price - now that she has more to lose than ever.
Wither was one of my all time favorite dystopian novels and I seriously can't wait to see where the story goes. I'm also looking forward to finally seeing more interaction between Rhine and Gabriel. The world that Lauren DeStefano created in Wither sounds like it's going to evolve a lot in this one, so it's super exciting to be able to read it soon!
Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ringmistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago - surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness.
The two are determined to get to Manhattan, to relative safety with Rhine’s twin brother, Rowan. But the road there is long and perilous - and in a world where young women only live to age twenty and young men die at twenty-five, time is precious. Worse still, they can’t seem to elude Rhine’s father-in-law, Vaughn, who is determined to bring Rhine back to the mansion...by any means necessary.
In the sequel to Lauren DeStefano’s harrowing Wither, Rhine must decide if freedom is worth the price - now that she has more to lose than ever.
Wither was one of my all time favorite dystopian novels and I seriously can't wait to see where the story goes. I'm also looking forward to finally seeing more interaction between Rhine and Gabriel. The world that Lauren DeStefano created in Wither sounds like it's going to evolve a lot in this one, so it's super exciting to be able to read it soon!
So friends, what's your "waiting on" pick this week?


14 comments:
Ooo, great pick! I still need to read the first books in both series though :( I'll make sure to add them to my TBR list. :)
I haven't read Darkness Becomes Her yet, but it looks awesome! Fever is so good!!!!! Thanks for stopping by :)
Yea, these are great picks that I can't wait to read as well!! My TBR pile gets bigger by the day!!
Great picks! I so would be waiting on them too, but I still need to read Darkness Becomes Her and Wither ;)
My WoW
Thanks for visiting my blog Amy! I am excited about Fever too. I have not heard of the other book that you featured.
I am so excited for A Beautiful Evil! I'm so glad it's out soon! I haven't read Wither, but it's in my tbr pile :0)
I haven't read the previous books in these series. Will have to see what reviews those have been getting.
So many books these days have gorgeous covers. I forget what I'm waiting on. My TBR pile blocks my view!
I soooooooo can't wait for A Beautiful Evil! Already preordered my copy!
Here's my WoW
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
I'm actually reading Wither now! It's pretty neat I'm liking it! Great picks!
Giselle
Xpresso Reads
WOW! I think that both of those covers are two of the prettiest I've ever seen! <3 I haven't read DBH yet but I've always wanted to, and OH MY GOSH, I loved Fever so much! That series is one of my fave dystopians too, and I just know you're going to love the sequel as much as I did! :)
Amazing picks for your WOW, Amy! I hope you have an awesome Wednesday!
Great picks! I have an ARC of Fever that I plan on reading over the next few days. I'm super excited to get into it.
My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-25.html
-Brittani
I never read the first in either of these series....I really need to. And I hope you enjoy Soulless too!
Oh, Fever. I'm DYING to read it. Great picks, and thank you for stopping by :D
Post a Comment