"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
Illuminate by Aimee Agresti
Expected publication: March 6th 2012
Haven Terra is a brainy, shy high school outcast. But everything begins to change when she turns sixteen. Along with her best friend Dante and their quiet and brilliant classmate Lance, she is awarded a prestigious internship in the big city— Chicago—and is sent to live and work at a swanky and stylish hotel under the watchful eyes of a group of gorgeous and shockingly young-looking strangers: powerful and alluring hotel owner Aurelia Brown; her second-in-command, the dashing Lucian Grove; and their stunning but aloof staff of glamazons called The Outfit.
As Haven begins falling for Lucian, she discovers that these beautiful people are not quite what they seem. With the help of a mysterious book, she uncovers a network of secret passageways from the hotel’s jazz-age past that leads her to the heart of the evil agenda of Aurelia and company: they’re in the business of buying souls. Will they succeed in wooing Haven to join them in their recruitment efforts, or will she be able to thwart this devilish set’s plans to take the souls of her classmates on prom night at the hotel?
Illuminate is an exciting saga of a teen’s first taste of independence, her experience in the lap of luxury, and her discovery she may possess strength greater than she ever knew.
As Haven begins falling for Lucian, she discovers that these beautiful people are not quite what they seem. With the help of a mysterious book, she uncovers a network of secret passageways from the hotel’s jazz-age past that leads her to the heart of the evil agenda of Aurelia and company: they’re in the business of buying souls. Will they succeed in wooing Haven to join them in their recruitment efforts, or will she be able to thwart this devilish set’s plans to take the souls of her classmates on prom night at the hotel?
Illuminate is an exciting saga of a teen’s first taste of independence, her experience in the lap of luxury, and her discovery she may possess strength greater than she ever knew.
Oh wow, I seriously can't wait to read this one! It has a little bit of everything that I love to indulge in and so much more. If all the great reviews I keep seeing around are true, then Illuminate should be VERY exciting! Bring on March 6th!
So friends, what's YOUR 'waiting on' pick?

12 comments:
Lovely cover and like the synopsis. Thanks for sharing :)
What a great cover. I've seen lots of ball gowns lately, but not tired of it yet.
Will add to my list.
I'm sooo happy to have an eARC of this and hope to read it next. Since I've heard really great things about it, it's really awesome that March 6th isn't that far away. ;)
I hope you'll enjoy it once you get to read it! :)
Carina
Fictional Distraction
I am waiting on Holly Black's novel "Black Heart". It's supposed to be out in April.
Sounds great and has a beautiful cover. Good choice!
Safari Poet
Nice pick. I just read this recently. I hope you enjoy it!
Thanks for stopping by my WOW!
Great Cover!
Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer
Great cover and synopsis :D I think I'll be waiting for this one as well.
Seeing a lot of this one! The cover is just gorgeous!
Here's my WoW
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Oh weird this is what I'm reading now actually. I'm only like 25% in but it's very neat so far. Intriguing.
Giselle
Xpresso Reads
You and I are on the same page! I cannot wait to read this one! It looks soooo good. :)
sounds exciting. I like all the secret passages idea.
I tagged you in a q&a on my blog. I hope you'll play along :)
........dhole
Post a Comment