Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (16)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

 The List by Siobhan Vivian
Expected publication: April 1st 2012

An intense look at the rules of high school attraction—and the price that’s paid for them.

It happens every year. A list is posted, and one girl from each grade is chosen as the prettiest, and another is chosen as the ugliest. Nobody knows who makes the list. It almost doesn’t matter. The damage is done the minute it goes up.

This is the story of eight girls, freshman to senior, “pretty” and “ugly.” And it’s also the story of how we see ourselves, and how other people see us, and the tangled connection of the two.


I've had The List on  my 'to be read' list for a while now and I'm so glad that it's coming out soon so that I can read it! Even just by the description I get the feeling it's going to be more than just a contemporary novel and I look forward to discovering that. Like I've said before, April is filled with so many great upcoming novels and The List is definitely one I can't wait to consume!
 
Teaser Promo's for - True Blood Season 5 - Coming This Summer! 




Oh True Blood - why do you only come once a year?! These promo's are definitely teasers and it makes me want to go back to watch the previous seasons in preparation for the new season. The wait for more Sookie-Eric-Bill-Alcide drama is almost as bad as waiting for the return of Game of Thrones!  

So friends, what's YOUR 'waiting on' pick this week? Looking forward to True Blood? 

23 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks really good and I really can't wait to read it! Also the Hubby and I both love True Blood and are both dying for the new season to start!

Kathy said...

I am dying for True Blood to come back! I miss it so!

The List sounds great as well. I have been hearing good things!

Farah said...

No kiddin! I love Siobhan Vivian. She captures the teenage narrator's voice perfectly. Totally can't wait for this=D

SQT said...

Normally I'm not into high school angst, but this sounds good. Thanks for stopping by!
Giveaway: "A Temptation of Angels" by Michelle Zink

Kristin A. said...

I admit I skipped right past the WoW pick (to be fair I know the book)and watched The True Blood promos. I cannot wait!!!!! For that show to come back.

My Wow@BloodSweatandBooks

Karen said...

I didn't even realize we're already on season 5 of True Blood! I hadn't seen the promos yet either.
The book looks fun too. It's been on TBR list.

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

You won't believe how behind I am with True Blood. I'm stuck somewhere in Season 3 - definitely need to catch up soon! :D

The List sounds really interesting. Awesome choice! :)

Celine said...

I've seen this book around today, and the premise sounds very interesting. I hope you'll like it!

Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews
My WoW

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

This does look like a good one, I'm really looking forward to it!! Great pick :)

Thanks for stopping by!!

Patricia said...

I think The List sounds really great, and the True Blood videos just killed me a little. XD

New LinkyFollower!

Patricia // My WOW

Patricia said...

already a* Linky Follower. -_-'

Kristan said...

Although I'm looking forward to reading The List I am so much more excited for True Blood! I haven't seen these promos so of course I just sat here and watched them all....and then was so depressed that I have to wait still! Definitely ready to have some Eric back in my life =)

Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

Paige said...

The List looks so good and I love the cover. Awesome choice! Here's my WoW!

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html

~Paige @ Comfort Books

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Haven't heard of this one. Doesn't really seem like my kind of read. Sadly, as everyone looks forward to season 5 of True Blood, I only look forward to season 4 DVD! I don't have HBO so I always remain 1 season behind!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for The List! It sounds so freaking good! :) great pick!

also, I love that you are waiting for a TV show. I haven't seen True Blood, but it seems like everybody else has and is also waiting for it! :D

thanks for stopping by!

Mimi Valentine said...

It definitely and completely is!! Not only April, but the whole 2012 year too -- there are just so many amazing books coming out in stores that I'm pretty sure we're all going to go broke! x) And I can't believe I haven't heard of this one before! As a high school student, I love books that are set in HS and this one sounds like it'd be a crazy-fun one!

Amazing pick for your WOW this week, Amy! I hope you have a FANTASTIC & awesome Wednesday! <3 :)

Unknown said...

The List sounds very interesting. And thank you for sharing those True Blood trailers too! I hadn't seen them lol

Bibliosaurus Text said...

Now you've got me all curious about The List. Man, stuff like that reminds me why I hated high school, but another part of me wonders where I'd go on that list. Probably in the middle.

Unknown said...

This sounds like a book that can strike a real chord with the reader. Good choice.
And thanks for stopping by my blog!
Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

I also have this one on my TBR list! It sounds awesome, right? I've heard quite interesting things about it, so here's hoping is as good as it seems :D

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

Ohh! I've been quite curious about this one for some time now! I really hope it's worth the wait:)

Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

I have this one on my wishlist! I've seen a lot of rave reviews for it so I can't wait to go out and get a copy on April 1st.

Thanks for stopping by our blog! New follower here :)

Dea
Teen Readers' Diary

The Teen Book Guru said...

Great choice!! I've put it on my TBR list. I'm a new follower and thought I'd drop by to say HI!

Here's my My WoW

Thanks!

-Riya