Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Book Boyfriend #3: Ezekiel Crosse

A weekly meme, hosted by The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!

This week's book boyfriend is
Ezekiel Crosse

 Ezekiel Crosse portrayed by Steven R. McQueen


Facts About Ezekiel:

He's a seventeen years old human
Is lean and tall with blonde hair that falls into his brilliant blue eyes
Can hunt well with bow and arrows, but is a better fighter with a machete
Is a natural leader and is great with kids
See's the good in every person and situation
He is brave, smart, sweet, funny, and has a weakness for a mysterious girl who wields a Katana


Favorite Lines / Scenes:

"Zeke," I called softly, and he paused, peeking back into the tent. "Thanks."

One corner of his mouth quirked up. "Don't worry about it. We look out for each other out here." He flicked the canvas wall, lightly. "And like I said, if the tent falls on you in the middle of the night, don't panic. You'll get used to it. No one really worries about keeping things erect around here, and...Wow, that sounded bad."

His blush returned, brighter than before, and he raked a hand through his hair. "Uh...yeah, I should...I'm going to leave now."

***

"You were incredible," he said softly, then seemed to catch himself. "I mean...that sword must be crazy sharp, to cut through a full grown boar. Your not even breathing hard."


From the first appearance of Zeke I knew my heart was lost to him. Usually I like my book boyfriends to be of the supernatural variety, but Zeke's character is simply the best and being human totally works for him. It took me a while to find someone that kind of matched to what I pictured when reading, but Steven R. McQueen from The Vampire Diaries had me sold. Add some blonde hair and replace the crossbow with a bow and arrows and he could totally be Zeke - they are both to cute for words!

 Who's YOUR Book Boyfriend?

11 comments:

Wordsmith Publicity said...

I LOVE Steven! He's so cute! Nice pick!

Lis said...

I really want to read this book!!! Zeke sounds really cute and hot. Hope can read it soon!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Ooooo, I can't wait to read this book and picture Steven as Zeke. I love those pictures of him with a bow. Spot on, Amy!!!

Mimi Valentine said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! I want to hug you right now for featuring Zeke as your Book Boyfriend this week (and for using his full name too -- isn't it just so awesome??) because he definitely deserves it! And he made me remember that regular human boys can be amazing too! <3 :) Plus, I was having a really hard time picturing any boy as my Zeke but now I think that Steven from TVD actually fits!

Perfect pick for your BB this week, Amy! I'm mentally putting Mimi's stamp of approval all over this post LOL x) <3

Jennifer said...

I cannot wait to read this book! Zeke sounds so awesome and I love how Julie Kagawa writes her male characters. Love it!

Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-book-boyfriend-31-rehvenge.html

Joie said...

I am so excited for this book! And Steven was a great choice! Sa-woon.

Between The Bindings said...

Steven is cute and zeke sounds great can't wait to read this book!

Twilightangel17 said...

Nice choice, and great pictures :)

Unknown said...

OMG I LOVE ZEKE!!! He was so sweet! I wanted to feature him too! I probably will when the book comes out. It was so good! I read it in two days and only because I had to stop to go see The Hunger Games movie!

Anonymous said...

That is a fun meme..wish I read more to do stuff like that. you are next in line after me in the A-Z Challenge! I'm excited to start again this year.

Kristina said...

I loved Zeke! Great choice with McQueen :)