Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Musing Mondays & A to Z Challenge: T - Temptation

Musing Mondays is a meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. This week’s musing asks…

Other than working at a job, what is your biggest interruption to reading? What takes you away from your book(s)?


For me it's my family. I'm a stay at home mom to a very busy two and a half year old, so she keeps me pretty busy. Luckily, she loves to read just as much as I do, and most days we sit together to read her book choices. Of course when she naps, I sneak out the books I like! Then there is house work, outings with the family, or just nights when I'd rather lounge on the couch when the kiddo is in bed and watch some tv.

The Blogging from A to Z Challenge is a month long event hosted by a group of amazing folks. The Challenge is beginning April First with a topic themed on something with the letter A, then on April second another topic with the letter B as the theme, and so on until you finish on April thirtieth with the theme based on the letter Z.  It doesn't even have to be a word--it can be a proper noun, the letter used as a symbol, or the letter itself.  The theme of the day is the letter scheduled for that day.

My theme - My word of the day will express things I love most about Young Adult Books and why!

Temptation


When it comes to young adult books, and their book boyfriend creations, the thing that is felt most is temptation. You know the kind where they are described as absolutely horrible, but you still can't not like them. Then of course there is the heroine of the story, and you just know she'll come around to his side eventually, or he to her. Here are five of my favorite that have bucket loads of temptation:


Obsidian (Lux, #1) by

Destiny's Fire (Kythan Guar... by

Personal Demons (Personal D... by

City of Bones (The Mortal I... by

Vampire Academy (Vampire Ac... by

16 comments:

Cathy De Los Santos said...

Yeah I get a lot of reading done when the kids are sleeping. Great answer and thanks for stopping by.
Cathy @ Addicted to Books

caite said...

Long naps..very useful.

Gigi Ann said...

I forgot about a nap some of the days I try to read. Good choices, I know how busy a two and a half child can be, but they are so much fun.

Tara Tyler said...

temptation is all around, esp problematic in young love! crazy hormones!

Unknown said...

Temptations :)

Mimi Valentine said...

LOL that's so true! Even if the book boy has THE WORST attitude imaginable, we almost always find a way to love him anyways -- actually, I'm pretty sure that it's always a given! x) And it's kind of epic that you have Destiny's Fire on your list because I loooooooved that book, and it's one that I think doesn't get as much hype as it deserves! (And because of Reese? It deserves a lot!)

I'm loving the A-Z challenge so far, Amy! I can't believe it's almost over! x) <3

Sandra Tyler said...

My kids are in school now but what keeps me for reading is writing, blogging! And weaving. Outside of that ,it's all the same stuff as when they were home ,house stuff etc. glad you liked my T post and I'll be back!

Unknown said...

I can't wait but be a stay at home Mummy one day, but atm its all about the university work that drags me away from the reading.
You can read my MM here: http://riereviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/musing-mondays.html
Love Rie x

Christine Rains said...

My son keeps me from reading and writing. Thankfully he still naps, but I'd love to have a whole day to myself. A girl can dream!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What keeps me from reading? Blogging right now. Although I am still reading!

Jemi Fraser said...

My life is pretty busy, but I don't think I've ever gone a day without reading at least a little bit. Not in years and years anyway :)

Kwizgiver said...

I liked your Musings answer.

And the Blogging A to Z Challenge looks really interesting! Your answer was so right on! Three of those books are in my queue.

Michelle said...

Great answer! Family is a really popular answer today. But family is important of course! Oh, and just so you know, you are 1 follower from 500! Earlier congrats! I am a new follower as well. :) Would love it if you could check out mine <--- :)

Yvonne said...

Family is definitely something that keeps people from reading. For me it's computer stuff.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

My family doesn't really keep me from reading, except in the strictest sense (i.e. I can't read while I'm driving to soccer practice or the SAT test center LOL). Housework does, though, and all the various tie-ins to work (commuting, paperwork, etc.).

Unknown said...

My family takes my time from reading, as well as my six cats :) Thanks fosr stopping by!