Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

A to Z Challenge: S - Series

The Blogging from A to Z Challenge is a month long event hosted by a group of amazing folks. The Challenge is beginning April First with a topic themed on something with the letter A, then on April second another topic with the letter B as the theme, and so on until you finish on April thirtieth with the theme based on the letter Z.  It doesn't even have to be a word--it can be a proper noun, the letter used as a symbol, or the letter itself.  The theme of the day is the letter scheduled for that day.


My theme - My word of the day will express things I love most about Young Adult Books and why!


Series


One of the great things about reading young adult books, is finding out that the book you love is a part of a series. It's exciting to be able to have amazing characters to keep visiting with over and over again. Here are my top five favorite book's that are part of a series:


Vampire Academy Box Set (Va... by

The Mortal Instruments Boxe... by

The Hunger Games (The Hunge... by  

The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by

Strange Angels (Strange Ang... by  

11 comments:

Christine Rains said...

The Vampire Academy and The Hunger Games are awesome. I love the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. So many great series out there. I just recently finished The Iron King. Do the books get better after the first one? I thought the Iron Fey were really intriguing, but I didn't think there was enough of them.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It's not YA, but the Agent Pendergast series from Preston and Child is my favorite.

Katja Weinert said...

I can't pin it down to just one series, so I'm cheating :-)
The Hunger Games
The Infernal Devices
Strange Angels
Wicked Lovely
All of Philip Reeves series
All of William Nicholson's series
The Bartimaeus Trilogy

and of course the Iron Fey series

M.J. Fifield said...

The Hunger Games series is easily at the top of my list along with Harry Potter.

Luanne G. Smith said...

I do love a good series. I liked the Hunger Games trilogy, and Harry Potter of course, but my fav is probably the Diana Gabaldon books, beginning with Outlander. Her stories are wild!

Carrie-Anne said...

About a year or two ago I revisited one of my favoritest series as a young person, Judy Delton's Kitty series. I was delighted to see that it held up very well upon rereading many years later as an adult, and was even jolted into remembering how some of the incidents in the book had inspired some of the stuff in my own writing, like how once Kitty and her two best friends go to a wedding where they don't know anyone because her rebellious friend wants a free lunch. It's about a Catholic girl growing up in St. Paul in the 1940s, and her two very opposite best friends. I wish there had been more books in the series, and that there hadn't been such a big gap between the last two books! I would've loved following Kitty through the rest of elementary school and junior high, and seeing her through more than just a few months of high school!

Timothy S. Brannan said...

I love finding a new series, I just hate not being able to find all the books I need or reading them (unknowingly) out of order.

I am trying to read all the A to Z blogs, but coming back to the ones I really like.
Looking forward to seeing what you do all month!

Tim
The Other Side
The Freedom of Nonbelief

Sandra Tyler said...

believe it or not I didn't realize Hungery Games was young adult.

Jemi Fraser said...

I enjoy series as well. My faves are LotR, the In Death series, HG, HP... :)

David P. King said...

I do love a good series. Find a great book and you want to know more about the characters. :)

grtlyblesd said...

Outlander. I also really enjoyed The Work and The Glory series.