Do you listen to audiobooks? If not, why not? And, if so, what has been one of your favorites, so far?
No. I much prefer to read rather than listen, the voices mess up the visual in my head and I lose focus on the story. There have been a few books that came out recently that I wanted to check out solely based on who would be doing the narration, like City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare with the voices of Ed Westwick and Molly C. Quinn. If there is ever a voice I would love to hear it would be Jace portrayed by Ed Weswick - so I may have to cave and give it a listen!
The Blogging from A to Z Challenge is a month long event hosted by a group of amazing folks. The Challenge is beginning April First with a topic themed on something with the letter A, then on April second another topic with the letter B as the theme, and so on until you finish on April thirtieth with the theme based on the letter Z. It doesn't even have to be a word--it can be a proper noun, the letter used as a symbol, or the letter itself. The theme of the day is the letter scheduled for that day.My theme - My word of the day will express things I love most about Young Adult Books and why!
Zombies
We did it! We made it through the entire alphabet and finally reached Z! It's been fun guys and thank you for joining along with me. Since it's Z day, I'd thought I'd end with my favorite monster. With the variety of genre choices out there for books, one that is rising (pun intended!) in young adult fiction is zombies! Packed full of bite and drama, zombie fiction definitely grabs me as a reader as well as a writer and will always be one of my favorites to enjoy. Here is a few of my favorites that I just can't get enough of:
Who likes audio books and what is your favorite? What zombie book grabs you?
P.S. - I reached 500 Followers over the weekend! Thank you all for following me and going along with my constant rambles - I love you all! I hope everyone has a great week! <3<3<3
P.S. - I reached 500 Followers over the weekend! Thank you all for following me and going along with my constant rambles - I love you all! I hope everyone has a great week! <3<3<3
16 comments:
I do occasionally listen to audio books. And also thanks for your visit today.
I used audio books in my classroom back when I was teaching so I mostly listened to classic novels.
I think the only zombie book I've read is "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" so I'm going to have to say that one.
I agree the voices to me don't match the book sometimes, they mess with me that way and I just can't. Here's my Musing
Cathy @ Addicted to Books
Didn't know Ed Westwick voiced Jace. He definitely has a voice that is suitable for listening. :)
My track record with audio books hasn't been good. :)
I suppose it also depends on how suitable the voice is to the piece he/she is reading. :)
Thanks for stopping by! :)
Congratulations on five hundred followers! We have a few books on CD but haven't listened to one in a long time.
Eeeeee, CONGRATS ON YOUR 500 WELL-DESERVED FOLLOWERS, Amy!! <3 Weall love you too :') I had no idea that Amanda Hocking wrote a zombie book before so I definitely need to get on that soon, but I have a copy of This Is Not a Test on my right now and I'm so excited to start! I've heard that it's FANTASTIC -- and seeing it on your list makes me even more ecstatic! :) But I'm more of a reading girl that a audiobook girl too LOL. Although Ed Westwick could be the exception! ;)
I hope you're having a beautiful Monday, Amy! <3
Congrats on reaching 500 followers and for completing the Challenge! Yay! I've never listened to audio books. They're too slow for me. I prefer to read too. Plus, the few times I've went to author readings, the author's voice taints what I hear in my head whenever I read their books. (I heard Laurell K. Hamilton read an excerpt from one of her Merry books, and now every time I read about Merry, I hear Laurell's voice. It's distracting.)
I think if I were a commuter and had to drive a long time in the car I would listen to audio books. I know someone who listens while working out and doing housework, but I don't think I'd be able to concentrate on the book if I did that.
And I've never read a zombie book. I only recently checked out Walking Dead on DVD...kind of gross. :P
Hmm, I thought I left a comment, but it may have gotten eaten...the Zombies did it!
I've not read any zombie books yet - I'll have to get on that!
I'm not a fan of audio books either - my auditory skills aren't that great - I'm too distractable! :)
I think I'm going to give audiobooks another chance. I usually zone out when listening but... hey, I'll try it again.
audio books and I do not really get along...I fall asleep.
yay for 500! woot!
and zombies are ok, in cartoons! i dont like gross & scary...
I like to listen to books so I don't waste time in the car, but overall, I prefer actually reading a book on my ereader.
I LOVE Zombies! They're also my favorite monster :)
I like audiobooks, but since I have the kids in the car 90% of the time, there aren't too many I can listen to anymore. When I'm home, I prefer my Nook. But audiobooks on long car trips are awesome. The last one I listened to was "Game Change", but my favorite was "The Nanny Diaries", narrated by Julia Roberts.
Favorite Zombie book... hmmm.... probably Cell by Stephen King. Scared the bejeezus out of me! I had trouble using my cell phone for a week afterwards. They weren't technically zombies, I guess, but pretty darn close to it.
~Lynn
http://www.acommonsea.com
LOVED Hollowland.. World War Z is another awesome zombie book ~ has a unique format..
Post a Comment