Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Musing Mondays & Reflections on A to Z

Musing Mondays is a meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. This week’s musing asks…

If you were going to write a book, what would you write about? Would it be fiction, or nonfiction?

As a reader, I absolutely love all things paranormal! But most recently, I prefer to read young adult fiction that is filled with swoon worthy romance and am consumed with it on a daily basis. So when I went to write something of my own, I definitely went in the same direction. Here are some of my works:


Maggie Cooper was living the quiet life in a small town, in Maine. That is until she goes to a party that will change her life forever. Maggie's relationship with her boyfriend Matt will be tested to the toughest degree as her friend Gabe finally comes around to liking her at the worst possible time. The dead loom in all directions, but they might not be the only threat. Some journeys should be done alone, and soon the group will find out how mortal they all really are.

I am completely obsessed with the horrific story telling of zombies, so it was easy for me to write about them in my first novel! I had chills when writing - it was a blast!


It’s the year 2028 and an experiment that went wrong seventeen years ago sends the world in lock-down from these genetic mutations. Sixteen-year-old Moira Warner knows only fear and secrecy, but that's understandable given she spent her toddler years in a lab. Why? Because she is one of them. Now she barely gets by with hiding her true self. That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two. 



Daria Pigwidgeon hasn’t had an easy life. Not when she is the only demon born with a soul - and the only one to have grown up with a family of pure demons. All she ever known was pain and abandonment. Her family never let her forget that she was nothing but an abomination. But what if all their torment was to keep her safe? To protect her from others of their kind that would do her harm?

When it came to writing about Daria, I went to the genre of urban fantasy and created a whole new world of demons. I kind of twisted them to being like normal people but with abilities - of course - I also just had to sneak in some surprises and mystery too. Writing this book took my imagination on a thrill ride!

Today is the A to Z Challenge Reflections Post! Where everyone who took part in the Challenge gets to share their thoughts and concerns.





I had so much fun with this Challenge - thank you to the hosts that made the month of April an incredible experience! Since my theme was about all the things I love about reading young adult books, it took me a while in the beginning to narrow down what I wanted to share. But when I did, it was a joy to be able to talk about each and every topic for the letters of the alphabet. The best part of this challenge was stopping by other blogs and checking out the variety of interests and finding new places to visit often. I look forward to next year!

What's YOUR musing answers this Monday? Did you LOVE the A to Z Challenge? 

13 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Thanks for sharing!

I went toward reality in my books, because that's what I know.

Here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST

Unknown said...

I hope to read one of your books someday. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you enjoyed the Challenge so much, Amy!

JC Jones said...

Loved what you shared. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Unknown said...

Yes, usually the things we love to read are the things we love to write about :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/05/musing-mondays.html

Cathy De Los Santos said...

I'm all about swoon worthiness too, thanks for stopping by!

If you have a chance stop by my Giveaway

Christine Rains said...

The Challenge was fabulous. I had such fun! I write paranormal works too. Some with more romance than others, but all with that supernatural element.

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my post.

They Walk sounds just my kind of book, I will have to check it out!

Jenny - Chocolate Chunky Munkie

Anonymous said...

It truly was a wonderful challenge, Amy. Happy Monday to you!

Kwizgiver said...

I think I would have to write non-fiction (like a text book for my students) because I'm not driven enough to write a novel.

Tara Tyler said...

persona has been a trip!

and you did great in the challenge!

Jemi Fraser said...

I love YA books too and I really enjoyed your posts! :)

Diana said...

Thank you for sharing! I love paranormal fiction too.