A weekly meme, hosted by The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
This week's book boyfriend is
Rusty
from In Honor by Jessi Kirby
Rusty portrayed by Drew Van Acker
His eyes slid over to me again, and he laughed a little. “She won’t even recognize you.”
I didn’t know if it was his tone or his face, but something caught me in the way he said it, and a little nervous tingle went through me. I straightened up and looked out the window, conscious all of a sudden of his eyes on me.
Then I caught a flyaway strand of hair and twisted it around my fingers. “Why?” I asked, a little too loudly. Rusty smirked and put his eyes back on the road. “Nothin’, H.”
I heard Rusty walk over to the driver’s side and waited to feel the seat bump when he sat down and settled in. Instead, I heard a zipper. I opened one eye and turned my head just in time to see Rusty standing behind the driver’s door, pulling his jeans down.
“What are you doing?”
I sat up and looked around, like I shouldn’t be seeing him or like someone else might see me see him and know how instantly hot it made my cheeks. Rusty didn’t answer. He was bent over, trying to get his foot out of one of his pant legs.
“What are you doing? You are drunk. Gimme the keys.”
He finally got the one foot out, then stood on it and pulled his jeans off the other leg. Then he bunched them up and threw them in the backseat, sat down behind the wheel so hard I bounced, and looked at me like I was the ridiculous one.
“I’m not drunk. It’s hotter than shit, we got a ways to go, and I’m sweatin’ balls.”
I didn’t really have a response for that.
There are no words that can describe how amazing this book is - I'm simply blown away! Jessi Kirby you are an incredible writer, everything about In Honor was wonderful and beautiful! Plus, I now have a huge crush on Rusty! So really, it was VERY easy after first meeting him, he just had to be my book boyfriend this week. When thinking about him, I couldn't not think of Drew - he had me swooning in Pretty Little Liars - he's kind of perfect for Rusty!
Rusty portrayed by Drew Van Acker
Facts about Rusty:
He's nineteen years old
He has short dirty blonde hair that is long enough to stick up, and hazel eyes
Goes to school at ATU and plays college football
He flirts easily, but has a laid back attitude that comes off as being broody
Has a thing for '67 Chevy Impala's that he likes to call 'Peaches'
Is comfortable driving in his boxers (!)
Was close friends with a boy named Finn and his younger sister Honor
Favorite Lines / Scenes:
Rusty shrugged. “Doesn’t matter to me if you jump.” He grabbed the rope swinging between us. “I woulda been surprised if you did. Takes some balls.”
“Let’s see yours then,” I said, irritated he’d thought I wouldn’t do it.
“My balls?” Rusty laughed.
Why did I never think before I said something like that? “That’s not what I meant, you perve. Your jump. If you didn’t think I was gonna jump, that must be what we’re up here to see.”
I stepped to the side all huffy, clearing him a path. “So go. Impress me.”
Rusty smirked and took a step back. “Now, why would I need to do that?”
I opened my mouth to respond, then decided to do that thing where you think before you speak.
I got out and heaved the passenger door shut, then wiped my eyes and walked around to the driver’s side, where he sat, finger tapping the steering wheel, stunned-quiet. “So get out. I need to get on the road.” He didn’t move. “Rusty, come on.”
He waved me off. “All right, all right.” But he didn’t get out. Instead, he shoved my stuff onto the floorboard and scooted over to the passenger side. “I’m going too, then.”
“Like hell you are.”
He stretched out his legs in front of him. “Yep. Finn wouldn’ta wanted you going off by yourself like this.” He patted the dash. “What if the car breaks down? Or you get lost?”
I didn’t move, and I didn’t say anything. He leaned his head back. “What’re you waitin’ for, H? Let’s go see what’sher-name. I’ll just take a little rest here while you drive.”
He patted the seat, then grinned up at me with half-closed eyes before his chin fell to his chest and he was out.
Goes to school at ATU and plays college football
He flirts easily, but has a laid back attitude that comes off as being broody
Has a thing for '67 Chevy Impala's that he likes to call 'Peaches'
Is comfortable driving in his boxers (!)
Was close friends with a boy named Finn and his younger sister Honor
Favorite Lines / Scenes:
Rusty shrugged. “Doesn’t matter to me if you jump.” He grabbed the rope swinging between us. “I woulda been surprised if you did. Takes some balls.”
“Let’s see yours then,” I said, irritated he’d thought I wouldn’t do it.
“My balls?” Rusty laughed.
Why did I never think before I said something like that? “That’s not what I meant, you perve. Your jump. If you didn’t think I was gonna jump, that must be what we’re up here to see.”
I stepped to the side all huffy, clearing him a path. “So go. Impress me.”
Rusty smirked and took a step back. “Now, why would I need to do that?”
I opened my mouth to respond, then decided to do that thing where you think before you speak.
***
I got out and heaved the passenger door shut, then wiped my eyes and walked around to the driver’s side, where he sat, finger tapping the steering wheel, stunned-quiet. “So get out. I need to get on the road.” He didn’t move. “Rusty, come on.”
He waved me off. “All right, all right.” But he didn’t get out. Instead, he shoved my stuff onto the floorboard and scooted over to the passenger side. “I’m going too, then.”
“Like hell you are.”
He stretched out his legs in front of him. “Yep. Finn wouldn’ta wanted you going off by yourself like this.” He patted the dash. “What if the car breaks down? Or you get lost?”
I didn’t move, and I didn’t say anything. He leaned his head back. “What’re you waitin’ for, H? Let’s go see what’sher-name. I’ll just take a little rest here while you drive.”
He patted the seat, then grinned up at me with half-closed eyes before his chin fell to his chest and he was out.
***
His eyes slid over to me again, and he laughed a little. “She won’t even recognize you.”
I didn’t know if it was his tone or his face, but something caught me in the way he said it, and a little nervous tingle went through me. I straightened up and looked out the window, conscious all of a sudden of his eyes on me.
Then I caught a flyaway strand of hair and twisted it around my fingers. “Why?” I asked, a little too loudly. Rusty smirked and put his eyes back on the road. “Nothin’, H.”
***
I heard Rusty walk over to the driver’s side and waited to feel the seat bump when he sat down and settled in. Instead, I heard a zipper. I opened one eye and turned my head just in time to see Rusty standing behind the driver’s door, pulling his jeans down.
“What are you doing?”
I sat up and looked around, like I shouldn’t be seeing him or like someone else might see me see him and know how instantly hot it made my cheeks. Rusty didn’t answer. He was bent over, trying to get his foot out of one of his pant legs.
“What are you doing? You are drunk. Gimme the keys.”
He finally got the one foot out, then stood on it and pulled his jeans off the other leg. Then he bunched them up and threw them in the backseat, sat down behind the wheel so hard I bounced, and looked at me like I was the ridiculous one.
“I’m not drunk. It’s hotter than shit, we got a ways to go, and I’m sweatin’ balls.”
I didn’t really have a response for that.
There are no words that can describe how amazing this book is - I'm simply blown away! Jessi Kirby you are an incredible writer, everything about In Honor was wonderful and beautiful! Plus, I now have a huge crush on Rusty! So really, it was VERY easy after first meeting him, he just had to be my book boyfriend this week. When thinking about him, I couldn't not think of Drew - he had me swooning in Pretty Little Liars - he's kind of perfect for Rusty!
Who's YOUR book boyfriend?


10 comments:
Oh, wow. Holy wow!! NEED this book!! This guy is awesome!! <3 <3 THANK you for sharing him!! Can't wait to meet him!! <3
He sounds awesome. Hehehehe ^_^
Rusty seems great!
I can't wait to read this book. It's one of my next reads.
I have this book on my wishlist! Rusty sounds amazing and I want to read about him now! Great choice!
Jennifer
Hello Rusty! Can you please let me know the next time you plan to drive by in just your boxers? I'll be sure to be outside, watering my grass in wait. LOL
I've already heard a lot about this book. That last quote had me LOLing! And Drew is such a cutie. I'm gonna have to steal him from you. :)
Cute =)
Rusty is incredibly hot.
OMG WOW WOW WOW! So much hotness on one page, you've totally sold me on this book, I'm going to grab it the moment I can!
Thanks for stopping by :)
I'm definitely intrigued by a boy who likes to drive in his boxers...that's so free. And your rep for Rusty is a total cutie!
Oh. My. GOSH.
I was a little unsure about this book at first, but now I REALLY need to read it! Like, now! Rusty sounds pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment