A weekly meme, hosted by The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
This week's book boyfriend is
Gabriel Merrick
Gabriel portrayed by Grey Damon
Facts about Gabriel:
He's seventeen years old
He has dark brown hair, blue eyes, is tall and very well built
Has an older brother Micheal, a twin brother Nick, and a younger brother Chris
His parents died when he was twelve, so his older brother is their gardian
Is a fire Elemental, and unlike his brothers he doesn't yet have control of his element
Plays soccer and basketball when he's not kicked off team for fighting, but usually switches with Nick
He can come off as a jerk, but he also is very sweet and protective when he wants to be
Favorite Lines / Scenes:
“If you want me to fix your homework, you need to leave me alone.” Then he spotted her. “You’re back.”
“Yeah.” She glanced between him and Gabriel. “You do his homework?”
“Just the math. It’s a miracle he can count to ten.”
“I can count to one.” Gabriel gave him the finger.”
“Yeah.” She glanced between him and Gabriel. “You do his homework?”
“Just the math. It’s a miracle he can count to ten.”
“I can count to one.” Gabriel gave him the finger.”
***
“Nick smiled. “I kind of like the irony.”
“Jesus, you are such a nerd.” Gabriel flung the lighter at him.
“Stop using big words.”
“Five letters is a big word?”
“Jesus, you are such a nerd.” Gabriel flung the lighter at him.
“Stop using big words.”
“Five letters is a big word?”
***
“Hey, little brother.” Gabriel came back through the door and flopped on
the bed, drawing his legs up to sit against the wall. “Girls are more
likely to stay if you don’t fight with them.”
When it came to picking out a book boyfriend this week, Gabriel was an easy choice - he had me from book one! His character is snarky, moody, and very protective and sweet - all good book boyfriend traits - and I can't wait to read more about him in the third book Spirit. As for imagery, it took me a while to find a fit for him on what I envisioned. Grey Damon is kind of perfect for him though, they both have that rugged intense bad boy vibe, and is definitely a cutie!
Who's YOUR book boyfriend?


9 comments:
Oh wow! Where did you find that guy. He's a totally hottie. I've been hearing so much about the Merrick brothers. Each one seems to be just as irresistible. I can't wait to check out this series.
I have never heard of this Grey Damon guy, but... wow! I'm seeing this series pop up a lot -- will have to check it out! Great post, Amy! ~Serena from Edgy Inspirational Romance
Another Merrick brother! I still need to read Storm--I heard there's a smorgasbord of hot guys in it, and Gabariel definitely fits the bill!
I love Gabriel! And I love the actor your picked. I've seen him in a bunch of stuff, but didn't know his name. Great pick!
Yummy! ^_^
I just got this book from the library and I can't wait to read it and meet Gabriel. He sounds fascinating!
Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
haha This series sounds wonderful! I must read it for this wonderfully hot and snarky guys!
Wow, handsome and edgy looking. What has Grey been in?
Haha, we LOVE Gabriel, but ALL FIVE boys are Merricklicious Book Boyfriends!
Post a Comment