Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays - Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser

“My world was delicately balanced, but the scales never hung even. When something improved, something else had to crumble.”


"No one tried to get involved with me, and I kept to myself. This was the place where everything was supposed to be safe and easy. How could Evan Mathews unravel my constant universe in just one day?"

He knows there’s something more to the girl sitting in the back of the class the moment he sees her. She’s beautiful, intelligent, and athletic – but she slips quietly through the crowded halls, trying not to exist. Determined to get to know the elusive girl, Evan soon discovers…

Emma Thomas is hiding a terrible secret.

Reason to Breathe is an electrifying page turner from start to finish, a unique tale of life-changing love, unspeakable cruelty, and one girl’s fragile grasp of hope.

What's YOUR teaser?

16 comments:

Misha Gerrick said...

Wow that sounds like a great read!

How have you been doing? Your blog seems to be a bit more quiet on the topic of you and your books lately. :-)

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds very intense! I must be on a "dark" kick this week. My teasers are from Dark Companion by Marta Acosta and Darkness All Around by Doug Magee. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

I have this on my Kindle and I can't wait to get to it! Beautiful Tease! Makes me want to push it up in my review queue!

My Tease!
Happy Tuesday!

fredamans said...

Sounds like typical young love to me.

Unknown said...

That sounds great! Here is my TT http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-june-26.html

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good read,nice teaser!

http://theplotthickensbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday.html

Paige said...

Sounds like a really interesting read! Here's my TT =)

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday_26.html

~Paige @ Comfort Books

Christine Rains said...

Awesome teaser!

Claire said...

Great teaser! That sounds like a really interesting read :) Thanks for stopping by!

Mimi Valentine said...

Awww, Amy! How is it that you could only tease us with two lines and still make my heart ache for this book? It sounds like such a sweet & heartbreaking read about hope and love. I'm already invested in wanting to see Evan find out Emma's secret, just from the summary and teaser! I can't wait to read your review on it :)

Thanks so much for the beautiful teaser, Amy! <3

Sidne said...

I don't care for dytopia books but every now and then i do read good reviews or interesting snippets.
happy reading.
http://sidnereading.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I've heard good things about this. Sounds so sad with everything Emma is going through but Evan hopefully helps her. Thanks for stopping by My TT!

Unknown said...

Wow. I haven't heard of this book before, but I love the teaser. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for the visit to my blog!

Nice teaser.

Wordsmith Publicity said...

I think I added this to my TBR a while back. Sounds good!

Jennifer said...

Interesting teaser. Thanks for stopping by Fictitious Musings.