Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser
"They knew. Somehow, they knew I'd been doing magic. I wasn't being taken to the institute to be harvested-I was being taken to be punished."
Skylark (The Skylark Trilogy #1)
by
Meagan Spooner Pg. 20
Her world ends at the edge of the vast domed barrier of energy enclosing all that’s left of humanity. For two hundred years the city has sustained this barrier by harvesting its children's innate magical energy when they reach adolescence. When it’s Lark’s turn to be harvested, she finds herself trapped in a nightmarish web of experiments and learns she is something out of legend itself: a Renewable, able to regenerate her own power after it’s been stripped.
Forced to flee the only home she knows to avoid life as a human battery, Lark must fight her way through the terrible wilderness beyond the edge of the world. With the city’s clockwork creations close on her heels and a strange wild boy stalking her in the countryside, she must move quickly if she is to have any hope of survival. She’s heard the stories that somewhere to the west are others like her, hidden in secret – but can she stay alive long enough to find them?
Her world ends at the edge of the vast domed barrier of energy enclosing all that’s left of humanity. For two hundred years the city has sustained this barrier by harvesting its children's innate magical energy when they reach adolescence. When it’s Lark’s turn to be harvested, she finds herself trapped in a nightmarish web of experiments and learns she is something out of legend itself: a Renewable, able to regenerate her own power after it’s been stripped.
Forced to flee the only home she knows to avoid life as a human battery, Lark must fight her way through the terrible wilderness beyond the edge of the world. With the city’s clockwork creations close on her heels and a strange wild boy stalking her in the countryside, she must move quickly if she is to have any hope of survival. She’s heard the stories that somewhere to the west are others like her, hidden in secret – but can she stay alive long enough to find them?
Oh. My. GOODNESS times
infinity! Skylark is easily my favorite book of the year! It's seriously
Epic and not something I'm going to get out of my head any time soon,
for a book I just finished I already want to go back for a re-read. Lark
is straight up AWESOME, Oren is now number one as a book boyfriend
favorite because he's the BEST EVER, and the plot twists and mix of
characters nearly had me wishing the book could go on forever and never
end. Meagan Spooner is an amazing writer and one that I am going to
follow for life, everything written simply must be read! I so can't wait
for the sequel Shadowlark to be released - I NEED to know what comes
next for Lark!!
What's YOUR teaser?


10 comments:
Ooh nice tease! Gotta love a cliffhanger!
Thanks for visiting ymy teaser!
This looks interesting. I haven't heard of this one before.
Thanks for sharing.
Here is my TT
Looks like a great book, adding to my TBR pile! Here's my teaser:
http://thisishowitssupposedtobe.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesdays-23-prized.html
This book does look really awesome!!! I'll definitely have to check it out sometime :D Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for stopping by :)
The teaser is awesome! And best book for you of the year. Ooh! Adding it to my TBR list. :)
great pick for your teaser, anticipation of punishment definitely counts as a tease :) This book is new to me, and I hope you're enjoying it, Book Savvy Babe
Nice teaser, mysterious.
Never heard of this book before. The teaser was great though. Adding to my list of books to read. I wonder what her punishment is!
http://readingcave.blogspot.com/
Nice teaser! Glad to see you've enjoyed this book so much. Thanks for sharing!
Nice teaser! Thanks for sharing Amy!
Post a Comment