Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (32)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:



 Nerve by Jeanne Ryan
Expected publication: September 13th 2012


A high-stakes online game of dares turns deadly.

When Vee is picked to be a player in NERVE, an anonymous game of dares broadcast live online, she discovers that the game "knows" her. They tempt her with prizes taken from her ThisIsMe page and team her up with the perfect boy, sizzling-hot Ian. At first it's exhilarating--Vee and Ian's fans cheer them on to riskier dares with higher stakes. But the game takes a twisted turn when they're directed to a secret location with five other players for the Grand Prize round. Suddenly they're playing all or nothing, with their lives on the line. Just how far will Vee go before she loses NERVE?



Oh, Yes please!! I LOVE the sound of Nerve!! Online game? Awesome! A perfect hot boy? Tempting! More players in an all or nothing round, and secrets? I'm so hooked already!! This seems like it's going to be pretty exciting and I so can't wait to be able to consume it...yay for September being just around the corner...sort of! :)


What's YOUR 'waiting on' pick? 

12 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Ooh that looks interesting!

Here's My WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Unknown said...

This one sounds awesome like Gamer! I live video game is so cool. I can't wait either!
My WOW

Anonymous said...

There are loads of techy gamey type books coming out, Nerve is one of the ones that I'm most excited for, it sounds edgy and fast paced.

New follower :)

My WOW

Katja Weinert said...

I've just seen two other books about online/TV games with deadly stakes on the WoW hop. Of course Nerve still sounds super; makes me wonder if it's thee new trend in YA for end 2012.

Juli Rahel said...

I agree with Katja, I think that broadcasted competition between teens is becoming a new trend ;) Nerve does sound amazing though and I love the cover! Hop on over if you have the time and thanks for sharing!
My WoW
Juli @ Universe in Words

Book Crook Liza said...

This one sounds really interesting! I'll have to add it to my TBR list!

My Wow Post!

Liza @ Book Crook Liza

Unknown said...

What an awesome cover, and it sounds great. Good pick..

Jenea @ Books Live Forever
http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2972

Katja Weinert said...

Lol, I love the cheeky wink from Juli, of course HG was there first :-) so not so much new, but very much a seeming trend

Krystianna said...

This one sounds really good! I hadn't heard of it until now. I'm definitely adding it to my tbr pile. :)

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Wow! That cover is intense!

Joie said...

I can't believe this is my first time hearing about this book! It sounds amazing! Definitely adding it to my ever-growing TBR shelf.
Thanks for sharing! :)
Here’s my WoW

Grace Fonseca said...

Wow. Yay. Something different than everybody else. Great haul.

Grace