Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays - That Boy by Jillian Dodd




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser

“Maybe I'll just give up on boys. Okay, maybe not. I mean they're just so cute!”


― Jillian Dodd, That Boy  Pg. 80

From Goodreads

That Boy is a contemporary romance about falling in love with the boys next door.

You know, being friends with two cute boys does have its benefits.

There's Danny. Danny is a golden boy in every way. He has dreamy blue eyes and blonde hair that always looks perfect, even when it’s windblown or been stuck under a football helmet. He’s the boy every girl crushes on. The boy I get into trouble with, the boy I fight with, the hot quarterback no girl can resist, not even me. Being with Danny is like being on an adventure. He has a bright, contagious smile and abs to die for. He’s pretty much irresistible.

Equally crush worthy is Phillip. Adorable, sweet Phillip, who I have known since birth.  Phillip has dark hair, a perfect smile, brown eyes, and the sexiest voice I have ever heard. He’s the boy I talk to every night before I go to sleep. The boy who rescues me, the boy who can read my mind, the boy who is always there for me, the boy who tries to keep me out of trouble, the boy who irritatingly keeps getting hotter, and whose strong arms always seem to find their way around me.  And when he gives me that grin, I can never say no.

One boy will give me my very first kiss.
One boy will teach me to make out.
One boy will take me to prom.
And finally, one boy will ask me to marry him.
They will both be my best friends.
But only one of them will be the boy I fall in love with.
Only one of them is That Boy.



What's YOUR teaser?


9 comments:

Cathy De Los Santos said...

You make me want to read this right away! Great teaser. Here's my Teaser

Cherie Reich said...

From the teaser to the description, this sounds like a fantastic book. Now I want to know which one is That Boy.

Here's my TT.

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Heehee!! Nice one!

Here's my Teaser

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

fredamans said...

Some boys are cute and others are gross.... lol

Powdered Toast Man said...

Someone needs to rewrite that book and call it That Girl. I need one about the girls next door.

Christine Rains said...

Hehehe! That's a great teaser!

Mimi Valentine said...

LOL please tell me if you're ever planning on putting that quote on a T-shirt, because I want to buy ten! x) My mom always tries to get me to give up on boys because they're nothing but trouble... but my argument is that they're too cute not to love! Sort of like puppies, except you don't really kick them out of your bed :')

I love this teaser and that means I love the sound of this book! Thanks so much for sharing, Amy! <3

Unknown said...

Haha, what a great idea, thanks for sharing! I just found your blog and will definitely be following it from now on :) I'm not quite sure how to link to it yet, but my teaser(s) would be "His eyes were heavy with sleep and something else. Something that looked unmistakably like desire. My heart rate increased. My stomach filled with butterflies and a warm feeling spread over me." From Tracy Garvis Graves' new bestseller, On the Island. A few days ago I added some summer reading lists to my new blog if you want to take a look: http://heartisinthewriteplace.blogspot.com/
Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing a teaser about my book, That Boy. I'm glad you are enjoying it! And as far as the quote on a T-shirt, I'm actually working on that! You can check my website for more information on it in about a month!! Thanks again!
Jill