"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
Skylark by Meagan Spooner
Expected publication:
August 1st 2012
Sixteen year-old Lark Ainsley has never seen the sky.
Her world ends at the edge of the vast domed barrier of energy enclosing all that’s left of humanity. For two hundred years the city has sustained this barrier by harvesting its children's innate magical energy when they reach adolescence. When it’s Lark’s turn to be harvested, she finds herself trapped in a nightmarish web of experiments and learns she is something out of legend itself: a Renewable, able to regenerate her own power after it’s been stripped.
Forced to flee the only home she knows to avoid life as a human battery, Lark must fight her way through the terrible wilderness beyond the edge of the world. With the city’s clockwork creations close on her heels and a strange wild boy stalking her in the countryside, she must move quickly if she is to have any hope of survival. She’s heard the stories that somewhere to the west are others like her, hidden in secret – but can she stay alive long enough to find them?
Oh, Yes please!! I LOVE the sound of Skylark!! Magical energy? Awesome! Forced to flee after realizing ones own power? Incredible! Clockwork creations, wild boy's who like to stalk, and secrets? I'm so hooked already!! This seems like it's going to be EPIC and I so can't wait to be able to consume it...yay for August being just around the corner!
Her world ends at the edge of the vast domed barrier of energy enclosing all that’s left of humanity. For two hundred years the city has sustained this barrier by harvesting its children's innate magical energy when they reach adolescence. When it’s Lark’s turn to be harvested, she finds herself trapped in a nightmarish web of experiments and learns she is something out of legend itself: a Renewable, able to regenerate her own power after it’s been stripped.
Forced to flee the only home she knows to avoid life as a human battery, Lark must fight her way through the terrible wilderness beyond the edge of the world. With the city’s clockwork creations close on her heels and a strange wild boy stalking her in the countryside, she must move quickly if she is to have any hope of survival. She’s heard the stories that somewhere to the west are others like her, hidden in secret – but can she stay alive long enough to find them?
Oh, Yes please!! I LOVE the sound of Skylark!! Magical energy? Awesome! Forced to flee after realizing ones own power? Incredible! Clockwork creations, wild boy's who like to stalk, and secrets? I'm so hooked already!! This seems like it's going to be EPIC and I so can't wait to be able to consume it...yay for August being just around the corner!
What's YOUR 'waiting on' pick?

10 comments:
love that cover!
stop by my post?! I have an ARC giveaway of my pick! :)
http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/
She's never seen the sky!? And there's clockwork creations!! This one sounds all kinds of awesome!
My WoW
Kelly
Radiant Shadows
Nice! Think I saw this on Netgalley but not 100% sure. Hope you enjoy it once you read it!
Here's my WoW
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
I love finding WoWs that promise almost immediate gratification! This sounds good, those clockwork creation have me as intrigued as the promised group of Energizer kids. Great pick, I have to look this up. :)
My WoW
Great cover and I love the synopsis. Thanks for sharing! ;-)
My WoW
Squeee! Skylark sounds totally awesome! This one is already on my wishlist! I can't wait to get my hands on it. I hope we both love it!!
My WoW - Fragments
Great choice, I've never heard of this author but she looks AWESOME!
The Brunette Librarian's Waiting on Wednesday Blog
This seems to be a hot choice today :) Can't wait to read this.
Shortskie's WOW
Skylark sounds so good! Its almost here!
Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-26-etiquette-and.html
My goodness that sounds like a good book. Great pick!
Thanks for sharing,
Dani
Check out my WOW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2248
Post a Comment