Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (34)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


 Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Expected publication: December 11th 2012

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

O. M. G!!!! There are no words that can express how badly I want to read Opal. Seriously! After reading Onyx, the need for this one was very strong, especially because of the AWESOME cliffhanger ending. Plus, you know, there is more Daemon Black to have and that's always a wonderful thing! Opal is going to be the BEST Christmas present EVER - so excited!!

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-watch" selection is: 

Expected release: November 21st 2012

A group of teenagers look to save their town from an invasion of North Korean soldiers.

Oh Chris Hemsworth how I LOVE you and every movie your good looking self appears in - this is a MUST watch for me! The original Red Dawn was an interesting movie and it'll be interesting to see how it's changed and if it's better. The cast is a fantastic one and will definitely make the movie and November is so close already!

What are YOU waiting on?

13 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Ooooh I have GOT to read Obsidian!!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Unknown said...

I have to read Onyx, like now... Great pick.

Jenea @ Books Live Forever
http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3369

Obsession with Books said...

Ooh, yes please!! I have just finished Onyx & loved it so I can't wait to get hold of Opal.

A great pick!! Thankyou so much for stopping by my WoW :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds like this one is part of a tempting series. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Kelly said...

*Looks around sheepishly* I haven't read Lux yet....but it's on my ever-growing list!

My WoW

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...

OMG, I soooo need to start this series... and SOON! I've heard nothing but good things about it! :)

Lisa @ Lost in Literature
My WoW

Amber (Books of Amber) said...

Oh, hello there, Chris Hemsworth! Fancy seeing you here...

I haven't started this series yet but the author is AWESOME so I must start it soon!

Books of Amber

Unknown said...

I still have to start Obsidian, but it's on my TBR pile!

My WoW

The Read & Seek said...

I just bought Obsidian and Onyx so I am so excited to get started on it. I have heard nothing but great things about the series! The cover for the third one looks awesome!

Thanks for stopping by ours.

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

I hate these covers :( but I like the sound of the blurbs.

http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-20-fairest-beauty.html

Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada said...

So many people have been raving about this series and I haven't managed to read it yet! Ahh I guess I'm missing something.
------
Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
Waiting on Wednesday

Unknown said...

I just read Obsidian, Onyx, and Shadows last weekend so now I am also dying for Opal especially after that ending?!! Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

Great pick! I'm sure Opal will be so awesome. Thanks for sharing!