No one is like Daemon Black.
When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.
But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.
After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.
Together we’re stronger... and they know it.
My Take
I LOVED
LOVE LOVED this book so much - there aren't enough words to express how
much - and I so can't wait to be able to read Origins next! Seriously!
Jennifer L. Armentrout, you are an amazing writer, so it really
shouldn't have surprised me to be swept away by the awesomeness that
is Opal! When I read and was consumed by both Obsidian and Onyx, I
didn't think things could get any better. Boy was I wrong! Things are
much more intense and breathtaking all around. Katy is again getting thrust into the lives of Daemon, Dee, and the return of Dawson. Add to the fact
that something isn't right about the return of the prodigal son and the way Daemon is turning a blind eye about it, things are about to get pretty interesting.
“You haven't been smiling much. I missed it, so I decided to reward you for doing it." "Reward me?" I laughed. "God, only you would think kissing someone is a reward." "You know it is. My lips change lives, baby.”
― Jennifer L. Armentrout, Opal
“You haven't been smiling much. I missed it, so I decided to reward you for doing it." "Reward me?" I laughed. "God, only you would think kissing someone is a reward." "You know it is. My lips change lives, baby.”
― Jennifer L. Armentrout, Opal
Like
all of Armentrout's characters, Katy is straight up the best EVER! This
girl is awesome personified in every way. Her quick wit and snarky
attitude has just right amount of punch when needed and just enough humor to make you laugh your socks off. In Obsidian we were just getting
to know Katy, in Onyx she really shined through something
spectacular, and now she definitely steps up by going against what Damon wants to beleive. Her strength of character is really amazing! Given the
things she goes through, sometimes back to back crazy, she keeps her
head held high and her emotions in check...sometimes. When it comes to being connected to Daemon Black and
getting used to the changes she's got going on in her body do to that connection, then this girl has some serious issues! But of course, if I was connected to Damon, I wouldn't care about the consequences!
“I have the feeling we just made a deal with the devil, and he's going to come back and want our first-born child or something."
Daemon waggled his brows. "You want kids? Because you know, practice makes--"
"Shut up." I shook my head and started walking.”
― Jennifer L. Armentrout, Opal
Now
that I talked about the summary and the awesomeness that is Katy, I can
obsess about the best part of Opal. And who or what is that you ask?
Why, Daemon Black and his identical brother Dawson! Duh! They are the epitome of all
that is great about male characters to their most perfect and explored
degree. When we first met Daemon in book one, he came across as the good
looking mysterious jerk with a penchant for heroism with a side of
flirtation goodness. But now that we know who and what he is and what
drives his constant bad moods, sympathizing with him is key! Or just
makes him more loveable! In Opal Dawson really brings something special to the way he interacts with Daemon. And oh wow! The heat these two boys set off in the pages they live in should be illegal! There are a TON of moments where I literally
have to take a break to fan myself and maybe go a little hardcore
fangirl in freaking out due to Daemon and the way he is with Katy! Besides his hotness and all around crush worthy
moments, Dawson has some pretty heavy circumstances to over come -
and some answers to things he's waited a while to discover.
“His eyes searched mine. "Thank you."
"For What?" I loved the feel of his arms around me and how I fit against him, hard against soft. He trailed his fingers over my arm, and I was amazed by how he could make me shiver.
"For everything," he said.”
― Jennifer L. Armentrout, Opal
“This was it. And it was right. Perfect without the dinner, movies, and flowers, because how could you really plan something like this?
You couldn't
Daemon sat back-
A fist pounded on the door, and Andrew's voice intruded.
"Daemon, are you awake?"
We stared at each other in disbelief. "If I ignore him," he whispered, "do you think he'll go away?"
My hands dropped to my sides. "Maybe"
The pounding came again. "Daemon, I really need you downstairs. Dawson is ready to go back to Mount Weather. Nothing Dee or I are saying to him is making a bit of difference. He's like a suicidal Energizer bunny."
Daemon squeezed his eyes shut. "Son of a bitch..."
"It's okay." I started to sit up. "He needs you."
He let out a ragged sigh. "Stay here and get some rest. I'll talk-or beat some sense into him." He kissed me briefly and then gently pushed me back down. "I'll be back."
Settling in, I smiled. "Try not to kill him."
"No promises." He stood, pulled on his pajama bottoms, and headed for the door. Stopping short, he looked over his shoulder,his intense gaze melting my bones. "Dammit."
A few seconds after he stepped out into the hallway and closed the door behind him, there was a fleshly smack and then Andrew yelling. "Ouch. What in the hell was that for?"
"Your timing sucks on an epic level," Daemon shot back.”
― Jennifer L. Armentrout, Opal

No comments:
Post a Comment