Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:

"She was more conscious of Will than she had ever been of anything in her life or anyone else in her life, of the faint shine of blue beneath his half-closed lids, of the shadow of the light stubble across his jaw where he hadn't shaved, of the faint white scars that dotted the skin on his shoulders and throat--and more than anything else of his mouth, the crescent shape of it, the slight dent in the center of his bottom lip. When he leaned toward her and brushed his lips across hers, she reached for him as if she would otherwise drown."


Pg. 130 "Clockwork Angel" The Infernal Devices Book One by Cassandra Clare.

 The last couple of days have been very productive, even though I've only written a couple chapters in my new fantasy book. So what was I doing that was productive you ask? Why I was reading of course! I finally sat down with Clockwork Angel and gave it a read, as I've been putting it off until Clockwork Prince comes out. Never the less, I couldn't take it any longer and I needed my Cassandra Clare fix. Oddly enough, I read it in one day and now I am suffering the long anticipated wait until December! I could ramble on and on about this one, but I'll save that for a review later this week.

Another thing that kept me occupied, was a certain peculiar mannered pirate named Jack. I watched Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and loved every minute of it! I was a little leery of it, since I loved the other three movies. It felt wrong at first not to have Will and Elizabeth's love story going on, but this movie made up for it in the love department. I don't want to ruin anything, but I will say that I can't wait for the next one. And that is due not only by Johnny Depp's wonderful acting, but also from the mermaids! Here is the trailer:
 

That is all for me today, I am now off to read more of Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick or maybe watch ABC Family's The Lying Game. Who knows, my daughter is napping so I'm taking advantage of a free hour no matter what. Hope everyone is having a great week!
What are you looking forward to watching this Fall? Me - I can't wait to watch me some witches!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have only read City of Bones in this series, but I think I will like this one more because of the historical aspect.

Here's my teaser for this week. Happy reading!

Christine Rains said...

What a great teaser! I need to get my hands on that book. There's quite a few good shows premiering this fall. Terra Nova is one I'm looking forward to. There's a fairy tale one. I can't remember the name off the top of my head!

fredamans said...

I really wanna read that book!

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Nice teaser! Read this one awhile back and it was pretty interesting!

Here's my Teaser

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

TBM said...

I've been meaning to read this! Happy reading and good luck with your writing.

Here's mine:

http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/teaser-tuesday-aug-23/

Unknown said...

i love her books but haven't read this series yet! it is going on my tbr pile! here's mine:
http://thisishowitssupposedtobe.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-16.html

Amy said...

emmegailsbookshelf: I love the historical part of it, and can't almost hear the accents while I am reading.

Christine Rains: Thank you! I can't wait to see Terra Nova too, and the fairytale one (Once Upon a Time - I think?) they look great!

fredamans: It's really good, you should check it out! :)

Jessica@a GREAT read: Thank you! I am definitely looking forward to the next one.

TBM: Thank you! You should definitely give it a read - it's great.

Cat: This series is just as good as The Mortal Instruments, I couldn't believe it.

Deirdra Eden-Coppel: Thank you so much for the award - and it's great to meet you! :)

Paige said...

I can't wait to read this series! But it might be a while because i just started The City of Bones today!! Check out my TT I'd love to hear from you!!

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-2_23.html

Amy said...

Hi Paige! City of Bones is great - hope you enjoy it! Thank you for stopping by! :)

Kristan said...

Loved, loved, loved Clockwork Angel. Will reminds me a lot of Jace with the witty remarks. I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out. It's just too far away right now!

I'm also really excited to watch The Secret Circle too! I've only seen a few commercials for it, but it definitely looks like its going to be amazing. Love me some witches!

Here's my own Teaser Tuesday. If you have time come check it out!

Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

Amy said...

Hi Kristen! I hear ya about loving Clockwork Angel - the wait for Clockwork Prince is excruciating!

Stopping by to check out your teaser! :)