Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Worst Movies Ever Blogfest



Today is Alex J. Cavanaugh's Blogfest the Worst Movies Ever Blogfest! Here is some information about it and the rules:




That’s right! Time to list the worst movies ever made.

Here’s the scoop:

Worst Movies Ever Blogfest!
On Monday, September 19, post a list of up to ten of the worst movies you’ve ever had the misfortune to watch. Films that just oozed awfulness and featured plot holes so big you could drive a bus through them. Any genre or year, but only theater and straight to video/DVD titles. (Otherwise we’d all list every movie ever made by the SyFy Channel!) Sign up, grab the button, and on September 19, give us the worst! And be sure to visit others participating in the blogfest.

So, are you ready to warn the world about some really bad films?

 Growth
In 1989, a breakthrough in advanced parasitic research on Cuttyhunk Island, gave scientists a jump in human evolution. Initial tests proved promising as subjects were experiencing heightened physical and mental strength and awareness....
The Roommate
College student Sara finds that her new roommate Rebecca has an obsession with her, which quickly turns violent.
Pitka an American raised outside of his country by gurus, returns to the States in order to break into the self-help business.
 Freddy Got Fingered
An unemployed cartoonist moves back in with his parents and younger brother Freddy. When his parents demand he leave, he begins to spread rumors that his father is sexually abusing Freddy.
 Dr. T & the Women
Dr. Sullivan Travis "Dr. T." is a wealthy Dallas gynecologist for some of the wealthiest women in Texas who finds his idealist life beginning to fall apart starting when his wife, Kate, suffers a nervous breakdown and is commited to the state mental hospital.
 Little Nicky
A movie about the independent minded son of Beelzebub and the mischief he creates.
 The Wicker Man
A sheriff investigating the disappearance of a young girl from a small island discovers there's a larger mystery to solve among the island's secretive, neo-pagan community.
 Brainscan
A teenager is part of an interactive video game where he kills innocent victims. Later, the murders become real.
  Darkness
A teenage girl moves into a remote countryside house with her family, only to discover that their gloomy new home has a horrifying past that threatens to destroy the family.
 Flesh & Blood
A band of medieval mercenaries take revenge on a noble lord who decides not to pay them by kidnapping the betrothed of the noble's son.






These are my top 10 worst movies ever - What are yours? 

26 comments:

Buzzed Sweetness said...

Oh man Wicker Man was so bad. I was shocked Nicholas Cage agreed to do it.

TG said...

lonewolf - Nicholas Cage has bad a ton of bad movies now. It's got to the point where I'd be shocked if he did something good.

I've seen none of these movies. Sounds like I've made a lucky escape. The Tom Green movie; just the title makes me cringe.

Unknown said...

flesh and blood was classic... on the coattail of excalibur...
:)
i love bad/worst movies, these lists are tough!
jeremy
twothumbseightfingers.blogspot.com

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yes, The Wicker Man! The bear costume was too much. Didn't even try to watch Love Guru.
Thanks for participating in the blogfest!

Lisa said...

I haven't seen any of those movies. I guess it's a good thing I haven't either.

Budd said...

I will only disagree with one. Brainscan was awesome. maybe in a bad way, but awesome none the less.

Heidi W said...

I've escaped seeing most of these!

Except--I love Little Nicky. I thought it was hilarious. But there is no accounting for my taste.

Dafeenah said...

I've not seen any of those luckily. Wicker Man has been on quite a few lists. I'm glad I missed that one. Great list!

Anonymous said...

I've seen most of these, missed a few but... Brainscan? Brain? Scan? I saw it on one of those 17 bad B-movie DVDs at Walmart for 5 bucks. Most of them were cheesy and bad without being good but Brainscan stood out as not just one of my favorite movies on the DVD but favorite movies EVER. That probs says a lot about ME but.. now I need to watch it again to prove to myself that I'm right about this unappreciated classic!!!

M.J. Fifield said...

I haven't seen any of these movies. I used to think I watched a lot of films before I started checking out all the Worst Movie blogs.

Jeff Beesler said...

I think I saw Little Nicky and can honestly agree with you that it was a retch of a movie. I can't believe I forgot that one until you mentioned it.

Lydia Kang said...

Dr T sounds like a gagfest. Thank you for the warning on all of these!

Christine Rains said...

Great choices! I've seen all of them and agree with how awful they are except Growth. I've never heard of it. Now I've something new to watch if I'm in the mood for a bad film! *LOL*

Isis Rushdan said...

I've never heard of Growth. Now I want to see it just to find out how bad it really is :).

I don't think many people have seen Flesh & Blood. The thought of diseased dog meat in the well still makes me want to heave.

Impressed.

Golden Eagle said...

Parasitic research? I've never heard of Growth before--but I have to say I'm a little intrigued. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing Whicker Man a lot. These are truly bad shoes. The Love Guru and Freddy Got fingered should never have been made.

Paul Joseph said...

I remember seeing previews for The Roommate all summer and thinking it looked horrible. What a ridiculous concept, IMO. Good choice!

Amy said...

Rhiannon Paille: Your right, Little Nicky wasn't too bad. Adam Sandler is a too much to handle sometimes. The movie had good laughs though. :)

lonewolf: I can't believe he was in it too, it was the reason I watched it in the first place! I now am skeptical of his movies before I watch them.

TG: I agree with the Tom Green cringing!

iZombie [2vs8]: That is true, it kind of was. The list making is really hard!

Alex J. Cavanaugh: That bear costume was just awful! I only watched The Love Guru out of protest with the hubs, he thought it was hilarious, I think he has bad taste in movies! Thank you for hosting, this has been fun! :)

Lisa: They are great to avoid.

Budd: It was awesome, I'll give you that!

Heidi Windmiller: It is a funny movie, I think Adam Sandler drives me crazy for some reason in it. :)

Dafeenah: Thank you!

Rusty Fischer: LOL, I know! It's one of my favorites too, but I recently re-watched it and couldn't believe how different it seemed compared to when I watched it years ago. Worth the time spent to see Edward Furlong though!:)

M.J. Fifield: It took me a while to come up with this list, I try to avoid bad movies. :)

Jeffrey Beesler: Thank you, it's definitely not worth the time spent on watching it!

Lydia Kang: It so is, and your welcome!

Christine Rains: Thank you! Growth is definitely worth watching if you go in knowing it's going to be awful!

Isis Rushdan: LOL - it's definitely bad. I agree about Flesh and Blood, yuck. :)

The Golden Eagle: LOL - the trailer makes it seem very intriguing, it's how I got roped into watching!

Stephen Tremp: I so agree about The Love Guru and Freddy Got Fingured!

baygirl32 said...

we have 2 the same, and you have a few others I wish I thought of

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

The Love Guru was terrible!!
Great list.

Jennie Bailey said...

Freddie Got Fingered made my list as well! I forgot about Little Nicky - that was SO bad. It should have made my list!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

The last one might sound interesting. Thanks for the warnings. I'll take care to avoid them.



♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?

YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

Tara Tyler said...

great collection of terrible movies!

Mr. Joyce said...

Let me see...I disagree with "Flesh and Blood" and "Darkness." Neigther one is bad. Though "Darkness" had a few misfires here there with the direction. "Flesh and Blood" is just cheesy 80's sword and almost-sorcery fun.

My three worst is as follows...

1. Manos: The Hands of Fate
Polygamy and occultism sounds like a good mix for a horror flick. However, when the most horrible thing in the film is the acting, writing, directing, and generally the entire film itself...you roar with laughter, not screams.

2. The Blair Witch Project
Only this film's marketing saved it. To this day I can't sit through it without getting bored to death.

3. Any comedy with Will Ferell. I don't think he's a bad actor. He just does really average films. He did do a drama a few years back, but I haven't seen it. Still, I don't think he's anything to write home about.

Dave said...

If you haven't already, you should see the original version of The Wicker Man starring Christopher Lee and Edward Woodward. It's fantastic.

Dave
Dave Wrote This

Amy said...

baygirl32: Thank you for stopping by!

Lynda R Young: Thank you!

Jennie Bailey: It really was, I cringed through both of them though!

Elizabeth Mueller: Doesn't it? :)

Tara Tyler: Thank you!

Johnny Zombie: Great picks, I haven't seen them, so that must mean something! ;)

Dave: Thank you, I'll have to check that out!