How many books do you read in a week? Month? Year?
This is a tricky question and one that is a little difficult to answer. Technically if I really like the book or books that I'm reading, I can finish up in a day or more. So really I could probably read about four books a week, sixteen in a month, and maybe just about two hundred in a year. But it's tricky because sometimes it's either more or less at times when life is either in the way or I suddenly get a bunch of free time.
Lately though, I've been consuming more books that I have time to review. Not that my TBR list is dwindling, if anything I think it has gotten longer. Weird. Speaking of which, here is my review for Reckoning by Lili St. Crow:
From Goodreads
The electric finale in New York Times bestselling author Lili St. Crow’s Strange Angels series!
Nobody expected Dru Anderson to survive this long. Not Graves. Not Christophe. Not even Dru. She’s battled killer zombies, jealous djamphirs, and bloodthirsty suckers straight out of her worst nightmares. But now that Dru has bloomed into a fullfledged svetocha—rare, beautiful, and toxic to all vampires—the worst is yet to come. Because getting out alive is going to cost more than she’s ever imagined. And in the end, is survival really worth the sacrifice?
Dru Anderson’s not afraid of the dark.
But she should be.
Nobody expected Dru Anderson to survive this long. Not Graves. Not Christophe. Not even Dru. She’s battled killer zombies, jealous djamphirs, and bloodthirsty suckers straight out of her worst nightmares. But now that Dru has bloomed into a fullfledged svetocha—rare, beautiful, and toxic to all vampires—the worst is yet to come. Because getting out alive is going to cost more than she’s ever imagined. And in the end, is survival really worth the sacrifice?
Dru Anderson’s not afraid of the dark.
But she should be.
My Take:
I have been a huge fan of this series and while I never wanted it to end, I knew that Dru's story would have to end eventually. In Reckoning, everything that spanned the course of four novels finally come to a head and weave together in a tale that left me breathless a time or two. It starts out with fullfledged svetocha Dru on the run again from not only some people she thought she could trust, but also from the ever scary Sergei. With Graves and Ash in tow it doesn't take long for the action to take off, and like all the other books it leave little to the imagination.
Dru's character has been through a lot more than the average teenager should have to go through at her age. But then she isn't exactly normal is she? Her mother was murdered when she was young, mostly raised by her gran while her father hunted things that go bump in the night, killed her father turned zombie, stuck close to a friend that changed into something not human, and eventually finds out she's not so human herself. Taking all of that, she is the strongest girl I have ever read about. She takes everything that is tossed at her and crumples it into a ball and uses it in a way to kick a little hardcore butt. The way she cares about everyone around her makes her even more likable.
Because this is the final book, we got to see more Graves and Christophe drama, and by that I mean interaction between them and Dru. I have to say I am at a cross with my love for both boys, it's tough to choose which one to pick when they are equally wonderful. Dru struggles with this too. Now that Graves is back in her life, you'd think they would automatically get together, but something is amiss with him that leaves Dru agonized. In true Christophe fashion, he randomly shows up and stirs up the action and Dru's confused feelings. The three of them together make for a very engrossing and hilarious at times read.
After reading Lili St. Crow's Strange Angel series for the last couple of years, it sadly comes to a close, but in a new imaginative way! There is action, tension, resolution, and romance all thrown into a great final installment to a wonderful series. I can say though that I would have liked to see more of the side characters like Ash, Diggs, Shanks, and Nat. Maybe it's just me but I love all the wulfen in this series and could definitely read a book that is just about them. My dream is that there might be a spinoff series, wouldn't that be awesome? All in all, I definitely recommend the entire Strange Angels series for a read or several, because I know I won't be able to wait long to go back and read it again!
Dru's character has been through a lot more than the average teenager should have to go through at her age. But then she isn't exactly normal is she? Her mother was murdered when she was young, mostly raised by her gran while her father hunted things that go bump in the night, killed her father turned zombie, stuck close to a friend that changed into something not human, and eventually finds out she's not so human herself. Taking all of that, she is the strongest girl I have ever read about. She takes everything that is tossed at her and crumples it into a ball and uses it in a way to kick a little hardcore butt. The way she cares about everyone around her makes her even more likable.
Because this is the final book, we got to see more Graves and Christophe drama, and by that I mean interaction between them and Dru. I have to say I am at a cross with my love for both boys, it's tough to choose which one to pick when they are equally wonderful. Dru struggles with this too. Now that Graves is back in her life, you'd think they would automatically get together, but something is amiss with him that leaves Dru agonized. In true Christophe fashion, he randomly shows up and stirs up the action and Dru's confused feelings. The three of them together make for a very engrossing and hilarious at times read.
After reading Lili St. Crow's Strange Angel series for the last couple of years, it sadly comes to a close, but in a new imaginative way! There is action, tension, resolution, and romance all thrown into a great final installment to a wonderful series. I can say though that I would have liked to see more of the side characters like Ash, Diggs, Shanks, and Nat. Maybe it's just me but I love all the wulfen in this series and could definitely read a book that is just about them. My dream is that there might be a spinoff series, wouldn't that be awesome? All in all, I definitely recommend the entire Strange Angels series for a read or several, because I know I won't be able to wait long to go back and read it again!
So friends do you keep track of how many books you read? Have too many to keep up with like me? Hope everyone had a great weekend - Happy Monday!

9 comments:
Totally agreed. It's all the matter of time, isn't it? Anyway, thanks for stopping by at mine!
I don't keep track but I probably read three or four a month.
I don't know exactly about my weekly and monthly reads, but I usually get between 35-45 books a year.
Great answer! I definitely can relate to the always haveing too much to read. My to-read list is growing exponentially and I don't know if I'm ever going to make a dent in it.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Same here. There are books that were so good that I managed to read them in one of two days - but it depends on how much time I have. I could read all day but I don't usually have that much time, unfortunately :(
I know what you mean...sometimes the amount I read can change depending on the books and my spare time (or lack of it).
You know you have a point my list does not seem to get shorter at all, it doesn't how much I read. The list just keeps longer and longer. Thanks for stopping by.
Thank you all for stopping by! :)
Hi! Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment! :)
I read your Musing Mondays post and I do agree with the points that you have made especially about the free time. :)
Post a Comment