Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (18) & A to Z Challenge: J - Jealousy

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:



 Storm (Elemental, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer
Expected publication: April 24th 2012

Earth, Fire, Air, Water – they have more power than you dream.

Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her, Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys—all the ones she doesn't want. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water—just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They’re powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life’s at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who’s hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming . . .


Oh wow - I seriously can't wait to read Storm, it sounds incredibly exciting! I absolutely LOVE the creativity with the elements and even more so about the story with the four brothers. After doing some research I realized that each book in this series centers around one of the brothers, so I can only guess at how great this series is going to be. Plus the cover is amazing!  
 
The Blogging from A to Z Challenge is a month long event hosted by a group of amazing folks. The Challenge is beginning April First with a topic themed on something with the letter A, then on April second another topic with the letter B as the theme, and so on until you finish on April thirtieth with the theme based on the letter Z.  It doesn't even have to be a word--it can be a proper noun, the letter used as a symbol, or the letter itself.  The theme of the day is the letter scheduled for that day.
 
 My theme - My word of the day will express things I love most about Young Adult Books and why!
 
Jealousy


When it comes to finding a certain aspect to keep a reader captivated my favorite choice of emotion for the characters is jealousy. This adds drama to situations that can ultimately lead to completely engaging plots. Jealousy for characters can be about a number of different scenarios and with young adult books I think it adds for a little bit extra to give a story more of an edge. One of my favorite reads that has bucket loads of jealousy is by  

What's YOUR 'waiting on' pick? Read Beautiful Disaster yet?    

6 comments:

Patricia said...

I often have problems with jealousy in novels because mostly only the antagonists have to deal with those sort of emotions whereas the protagonists are always some do-gooders, or their jealousy is portrayed in a childish, annoying way. *le sigh*

Oh and I have read Beautiful Disaster! :)

Patricia // My WOW

Joanne said...

stopped by to visit. Interesting to contemplate jealousy. I'll have to keep it in mind. Not waiting on anything - just trying to read the goodies I already have lined up.
Fun blog. Happy A to Z
www.wordsplash-joannefaries.blogspot.com

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I really haven't used jealousy yet in a story.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

this one is on my wishlist..thanks for sharing it!
My WoW

Aneeqah said...

I've seen this book a few times before, but I've never actually read the summary. Now that I finally have read the summary, I'm excited to read it! It sounds really good. I can't wait until I can get it!

-Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

Christine Rains said...

You always have such great recommendations. You make my TBR list so long! I haven't read Beautiful Disaster. I just managed to get Divergent today, though.