Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (23)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

 Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
Expected publication: June 5th 2012

Your mother hollers that you’re going to miss the bus. She can see it coming down the street. You don’t stop and hug her and tell her you love her. You don’t thank her for being a good, kind, patient mother. Of course not—you launch yourself down the stairs and make a run for the corner.Only, if it’s the last time you’ll ever see your mother, you sort of start to wish you’d stopped and did those things. Maybe even missed the bus.But the bus was barreling down our street, so I ran.

Fourteen kids. One superstore. A million things that go wrong.

In Emmy Laybourne’s action-packed debut novel, six high school kids (some popular, some not), two eighth graders (one a tech genius), and six little kids trapped together in a chain superstore build a refuge for themselves inside. While outside, a series of escalating disasters, beginning with a monster hailstorm and ending with a chemical weapons spill, seems to be tearing the world—as they know it—apart.

Oh My! I do love me some natural disaster books! I was sold on the premise of Monument 14 from the get-go! And that cover! So awesome! The idea of a bunch of different kids having to survive together during a pretty scary situation, just sounds so captivating - I seriously can't wait to check it out! 

My 'waiting on' Shows of Fall 2012

NBC's Revolution



Oh wow - this coming Fall is going to be SPECTACULAR - I seriously can't wait! Revolution looks like it's made out of awesome, but for some reason I keep comparing it to Terra Nova, so I'm a little nervous and excited. My excitement for The Walking Dead is like a palpable thing, season three is going to to rock! As for 666, it looks pretty creepy, so I'm totally in for that. Bring on Fall of 2012 - I'm ready!

What's YOUR 'waiting on' pick?

25 comments:

Daisy Carter said...

Oh, man, Monument looks AH-mazing! That's my new waiting on pick!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wow! This one sounds very exciting, with heart-pounding suspense and more....thanks for sharing.

Here's MY WOW POST

Nancy said...

That's a great WoW!

Please check out my WoW!

I love zombies!

test said...

I'm hearing mixed things about Monument 14... some good ones but mostly bad ones. I'm still looking forward on reading this book though... Awesome pick!

My WoW picks here

Jay
We Fancy Books

Cathy De Los Santos said...

I haven't heard of this one, so thanks for introducing me to it. I will have to check it out further. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Here's my WoW

Cherie Reich said...

Wow! MONUMENT 14 sounds so good.

My WOW.

Kyra Lennon said...

This sounds interesting!

Joie said...

Oooh, this one sounds interesting! Perfect for 2012! Thanks for sharing!

Here’s my WoW

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

I am definitely interested in this one. Great choice. Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

Lynn Proctor said...

looks good! saying hi from the az challenge!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I think Revolution is going to be awesome. It's definitely something to look forward to this fall (along with Tron uprising and How To Train Your Dragon the series).

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

UGH YES! A friend just sent me this one to borrow and I am SO STOKED!!!! It looks like it's going to be AMAAAAAZING :D Awesome pick!!

Sarahbotbonkers said...

Not familiar with this before but I like stories like this. Just added this to my TBR. :D

Care to stop by my WoW? :)

Tara Tyler said...

that does sound like a tremendous story! movie too!

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

OOh didn't know that was being made into a movie. Looks cool!!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Mimi Valentine said...

I just love natural disaster books too! And also like you, I can't even imagine the idea of a bunch of teenagers having to survive together during a not-so-fun situation (except that it'd be so hard!), but I'm definitely excited to read about it ;) And I'll be catching up on your The Walking Dead love soon, so I'm kinda excited for that too!

Really awesome pick for your WOW this week, Amy! I hope you're having a great Wednesday :) <3

Christine @ Captivated Reading said...

Ohhh! This has been on my TRR for awhile! Great pick!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

I'm seriously excited about Revolution! And of course more Walking Dead!

Book Sake said...

I absolutely want to read and see all of these. I hadn't heard of 666 or Revolution before - and Revolution does remind me of Terra Nova a bit too (kinda strange, there aren't any dino's or anything)! All on my list to read/see.

Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

Jennifer said...

Monument 14 sounds awesome and the cover is pretty cool, too. I like how you also added shows you can't wait on for. Thanks so much for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

Jennifer @ Dream Reads

Christine Rains said...

Thanks for the TV trailers. Wow, I didn't know anything about those shows. I'm excited now! Only a few more weeks until True Blood starts for the summer.

Unknown said...

Great pick! I have this off Netgalley and hope to start it soon. I love dystopians! Thanks for stopping by!

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

I'm also looking forward to this one!!! I was sold when I first saw the cover, haha. I love dystopia :)

Literary Cravings said...

This sound like its going to be a really intense, emotional story. Great Pick!!! Thank for stopping by my blog!!

Matteo said...

Wow, "Monument 14" sounds really exciting!! Can't wait to read it!