"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers
Expected publication:
June 19th 2012
It’s the end of the
world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is
little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors.
One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a
monstrous version of their former self. To Sloane Price, that doesn’t
sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since
then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the
perfect time to give up. As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to
fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five
people who actually want to live. But as the days crawl by, the
motivations for survival change in startling ways and soon the group’s
fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more
and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life—and death—inside. When everything is gone, what do you hold on to?
As a huge zombie fan, I seriously can't wait to read This Is Not A Test! Plus, combining six different people in one location is bound to have some drama, so that sounds extremely exciting all by itself. I've heard some great things about it from a few fellow blogs, and since I live by their recommendations, this is a totally must - read right away - read. And I just LOVE that cover!
My 'waiting on' Shows for Summer 2012
True Blood's fifth season debuts June 10 at 9pm on HBO
Teen Wolf's season two debuts June 3 at 11 on MTV
Bunhead's series debut is June 11 at 9 on ABC Family
Pretty Little Liar's season three debut's on June 5 at 8 on ABC Family
Oh summer television, how I love you just as much as Fall and Spring! It feels like FOREVER since I last watched True Blood, but since it basically rocks, it always feels like it never ended once it starts back up again. The same can be said for Pretty Little Liars! I definitely can't wait for more werewolf drama with season two of Teen Wolf, season one ended on a high scale of awesomeness. And, I am looking forward to Bunhead's, ABC Family always gets me hooked! This weekend will be spent with recap marathons for sure!
What's YOUR 'waiting on' pick? Watching any good shows this summer?

20 comments:
I do like how the TV shows in the summer come in quickly after the others end...no long pauses into between.
I like some of the shows on ABC Family.
Your WOW kind of scares me...lol; but it looks tempting.
Here's MY WOW POST
I love how you incorporated TV shows into your WoW! I'm definitely psyched for PLL to come back! Your book pick is great too! Sounds a little scary, but interesting. Thanks for sharing!
Here’s my WoW
Although I'm not a big TV fan--I have a few favorites--I do like how there is a summer season now. That's how I got hooked on Burn Notice. Hubs like True Blood.
I'm waiting on Midnight's Lover by Donna Grant and Terry Spears is supposed to have out a new series on Jaguars.
Like the Title of the book prepub selection but I hate zombie anything. Never could get into them.
Sia McKye OVER COFFEE
Sooooo can't wait for True Blood, I miss it so much!!
This is Not a Test was a WoW pick for me previously too - looks good!
- Jessica @ Book Sake
SO excited for this one too. But the cover just looks weird. I mean, like, when I saw it for the first time, 'Did she break her neck or something?!'. Lol. Great pick! :D
Drop by my WoW?
I'm also looking forward to this one since it seems pretty awesome !
Great pick !
My WoW
http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-20-small-damages.html
I'm really looking forward to this one too!!! It looks SO GOOD!! Also, I'm STOKED on the new season of True Blood :D I can't wait to see what's going to happen!
Woah, this sounds good! I'm actually not a zombie fan, but I'm noticing myself giving this type more and more of a chance. Plus, this doesn't sound half as bad as what I've already engrossed myself into. x) so thanks for sharing, this goes TBR!
And thanks for stepping by my WoW this week
Hehehe you have tv shows too! Lol I love it! Great picks! I totally forgot about Pretty Little Liars though! :/ FAIL! on my part haha Thanks for stopping by on mine! :)
~Jaiden
Girls on YA Books
My favorite show, Eureka, will come to an end this summer, which is sad.
I love zombie books, so I'll have to check that out. Can't wait for True Blood!!!
My WoW
Nice! Haven't heard of this one!
I still need to get True Blood S4, but I was hoping to get it even cheaper later on this year. Like during the Black Friday madness! Before that would be good too! I don't have HBO so I'm always 1 season behind. :(
Here's my WoW
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Ooh that is a gorgeous cover! :-D
Oooo. This is not a test looks intense. I haven't read a zombie book before but this one looks really good.
And yay for Pretty Little Liars coming back. I didn't know that it was coming back so soon.
Thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by my post. Have a great day :)
Jennifer @ Dream Reads
Nice pick! I've heard this book is great. Thanks for sharing!
I love your pick!!! I remember seeing This is Not a Test around awhile ago but I wasn't sure when it was coming out. Thanks for the reminder!! It still sounds great!!!
Thanks for visiting me today! I love your site w/ it's mix of books, tv and your stuff. I'll have to check out the blogs you follow, too because there are quite a few I don't recognize! Thank you!! New follower :)
I love the cover of your book pick. I am so excited about TB!!! I think I want to watch Bunheads too:)
I have heard tons of awesome things about this book and I think it's time that I put it on my TBR list as well because it does sound pretty fantastic. I don't read much zombie stuff, but I'm definitely open to it.
Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!
Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books
Ahh, I can't wait for This Is Not A Test as well! I've been hearing soo many good things about it so I'm really excited for it's release! Great pick and thanks for stopping by :)
Kim @ The Paper Planes
I'm looking forward to This Is Not A Test too! I've read so many positive reviews about it. :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Sarah @ Smitten over Books
Post a Comment