"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
Survive by Alex Morel
Expected publication:
August 2nd 2012
Hatchet meets Lost in this modern-day adventure tale of one girl's reawakening
Jane is on a plane on her way home to Montclair, New Jersey, from a mental hospital. She is about to kill herself. Just before she can swallow a lethal dose of pills, the plane hits turbulence and everything goes black. Jane wakes up amidst piles of wreckage and charred bodies on a snowy mountaintop. There is only one other survivor: a boy named Paul, who inspires Jane to want to fight for her life for the first time.
Jane and Paul scale icy slopes and huddle together for warmth at night, forging an intense emotional bond. But the wilderness is a vast and lethal force, and only one of them will survive.
YES! I just LOVE the sound of this book! Survival stories are always intensely good - mostly - and any one that is called a modern-day adventure like Lost, definitely has be eagerly anticipating it's release! I can't wait for August!
This week's pre-release "can't-wait-to-watch" selection is:
This movie! It looks absolutely AMAZING! After watching the trailer I swear I almost cried, the release date is just so far away! As a huge fan of everything to do with The Wizard of Oz, I seriously can't wait to see it - the graphics and cast look wonderful and it'll be fun to find out the beginning of the story.
Jane is on a plane on her way home to Montclair, New Jersey, from a mental hospital. She is about to kill herself. Just before she can swallow a lethal dose of pills, the plane hits turbulence and everything goes black. Jane wakes up amidst piles of wreckage and charred bodies on a snowy mountaintop. There is only one other survivor: a boy named Paul, who inspires Jane to want to fight for her life for the first time.
Jane and Paul scale icy slopes and huddle together for warmth at night, forging an intense emotional bond. But the wilderness is a vast and lethal force, and only one of them will survive.
YES! I just LOVE the sound of this book! Survival stories are always intensely good - mostly - and any one that is called a modern-day adventure like Lost, definitely has be eagerly anticipating it's release! I can't wait for August!
This week's pre-release "can't-wait-to-watch" selection is:
Oz: The Great and Powerful
Expected release: March 8th 2013
How the Wizard arrived in Oz and became the ruler. A prequel to The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.Starring James Franco, Michelle Williams, Mila Kunis, and Rachel Weisz.
This movie! It looks absolutely AMAZING! After watching the trailer I swear I almost cried, the release date is just so far away! As a huge fan of everything to do with The Wizard of Oz, I seriously can't wait to see it - the graphics and cast look wonderful and it'll be fun to find out the beginning of the story.
What are YOU waiting on?

18 comments:
Wow, Survive really does look like something I should keep and eye out for, I haven't seen it around but it sounds intense and gritty, so thanks for putting it on my radar!
I'm a new follower :)
My Waiting On Wednesday
With Raimi directing, Oz will be a visual feast.
And I am waiting on Friday and The Dark Knight Rises!
Haven't heard of that one! Sounds interesting!
Can't wait for Oz either!
Here's my WoW
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
They both sound fantastic. I like the premise of a girl who was on the verge of committing suicide then fighting to survive. It reminds me of the change of mind by Veronika in Paulo Coelho's Veronika decides to die (entirely different premise aside from the decision that they want to live, but are now facing death)
Love the movie trailer.
Thanks for stopping by YA's the Word
I will have to keep my eyes open for these. Great picks.
Jenea @ Books Live Forever
http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2707
Definitely sounds exciting! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy.
MY WOW POST
I'm waiting on Dark Knight. When hubs gets home from his training we have plans to see it.
There are several authors I'm waiting for the next book. My brain is on mush right now. Probably a combo of paint fumes from painting and redecorating and for sure, a lot of sore muscles.
Survive does sound interesting!
Sia McKye OVER COFFEE
Ohhhh this does sound intense!!! I'll have to add it to my TBR, although I'm not a big fan of survival stories, so we'll see :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Survive sounds amazing! Thanks for suggesting it. And this is the first time I've seen the trailer for "Oz." Can't wait!
Here's my WOW.
hatchet meets lost?! sounds awesome and action packed. adding to my wishlist!
Our WoW.
-michelle
Survival stories = EPIC AWESOME! I love reading them too, Amy -- they're always just so intense and awesome and crazy breathtaking. I haven't read very many in the past so I'm definitely looking forward to reading this one... hopefully as a favourite! ;)
Awesome pick for your WOW, Amy! Have a wonderful Wednesday! :) <3
I love Survival stories! I just finished Survive and hope to get my review up soon. It was different since it took place in snow instead of on an island. It was sad but exciting at times. Great pick and thanks for stopping by!
This sounds like an awesome survival story and an intense read. Thanks for sharing & for visiting my post :)
Jennifer @ Dream Reads
I love Survival books and this one totally sounds up my alley for sure! I can't wait to read it. Great pick :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books
I really can't wait for Survive as well! It was actually my WoW pick way back last year so I've been waiting SO LONG for this to finally come out! So glad that we only have to wait a few more weeks x) Fantastic pick and thanks for stopping by!
Nice pick! The premise sounds great and I love the cover. Thanks for sharing!
I'm not sure about Survive. It sounds a bit depressing.
I have been waiting for Survive as well, great pick!
I didn't know about the new Oz movie, it looks amazing! Can't wait for this one :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment