Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Follow Friday (14)



I'm starting today with some Follow Friday fun, hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read with Feature Bloggers - Librarian Mouse and Alaskan Book Cafe.




Q. It's that pesky magic book fairy again! She has another wish: What imaginary book world would you like to make a reality?

A. Ooooh, what a great question! But a tough one in the same light. As their happens to be a ton of books where I would love to make their world a reality. I'm going to go with The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. And not just because Jace is a cutie (or not only) but because the world of Shadow Hunters is amazing. I think it would be exciting to be able to travel to the City of Glass and meet all those people. Sure, they have to fight demons and wind up getting hurt on a daily basis. But come, Jace and Clary make it look easy. Or, sometimes they do anyway. I can definitely see myself wielding a Seraph Blade right along with the other Shadow Hunters. Granted I may not be as good as them, but I sure as heck would try.


Besides kicking butt, one book world that I could happily live in on a day to day basis would have to be the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton. I can definitely see myself as one of the shifters, or maybe just having a relationship with one (Jason) and being apart of the in crowd. It would be nice to be around so many different supernaturals all the time. Yeah sure, the vampires tend to run things, but the others have fun too. I'd be all right working at the Lunatic Cafe, chilling at the Circus of the Damned, and partying at the Killing Dance. And I'm thinking their might be some butt kicking involved in this world too, mostly because I'm sure I'd get into some trouble here and there.


And, don’t forget – Monday is Alex J. Cavanaugh's Blogfest the Worst Movies Ever Blogfest! Click the link to sign up and join us in listing up to ten of the worst movies ever made. I am so excited, that I already have my list ready - so get yours!


Did anyone watch the premieres of The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle? Weren't they awesome?! And tell me what book world would you love to make a reality? Hope everyone has a great weekend!

22 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks for plugging the blogfest!

Misha Gerrick said...

Middlearth. That is all. ;-P

TheReadingPenguin said...

Good answers! Just hopping by to follow you back.

http://readingtopenguins.blogspot.com/2011/09/following-friday-4.html

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Hi, Fellow Friday follower here - good to meet you.

AmyS. said...

Great answers. Anita Blake's world there would never be a dull moment. Plus she's always surrounded by gorgeous men.

Thanks for following. I followed you back :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I've wanted to read Clare's series for a while.

Unknown said...

I think being a Shadow Hunter would be a badass job to have. It would be one heck of an interesting world out there hunting demons. As for Anita Blake, I love that series! I too would see myself as a shifter...or maybe a vampire friend of Jean Claude's. You know with menagerie of shifter er...companions lol.
Happy Friday! Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

TMI was definitely a VERY close second when I chose. I always alternate between it and the Iron Fey series as a series I'd most like to be real.

Thanks for stopping by mine!

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

It would definitely be awesome to live in the world of The Mortal Instruments! I love that story! But only if I could be a shadowhunter :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Old follower :)
My Follow Friday

Christine Rains said...

Oh, great choices. I would want to be a wizard child in the Harry Potter world. That world fascinates me. Have a great weekend! :)

DeniseF said...

Oooh! I didn't even think of The Mortal Instruments!

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Haven't read those but still sound like they would be cool places to live!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. :)

OMG!!!!!! YES YES YES on the Shadowhunters. That would be amazing!

-Brittani

kyowolf said...

New follower
Great choice they are awesome!
kyowolf from
http://curseofthebibliophile.blogspot.com/

Jenni Elyse said...

I'd be okay if shadowhunters were real too, especially if one of them was Jace. Ah, Jace. Great choice!

Cary Cheyenne. said...

I totally agree with you about The Mortal Instruments, that'd be amazing!

Great blog, I'm now following you :]
Here's my post: http://tiny.cc/0jdts!

Karen L. said...

I really need to start the Mortal Instruments series. I've heard such good things about it!

Here's my FF, if you want to check it out.

Amy said...

Alex J. Cavanaugh: Your welcome! Looking forward to Monday! :)

Misha: Middle Earth would be fantastic world to live in!

fairypenguin: Thank you for the follow!

Amanda Leigh Cowley: Thank you for stopping by and the follow!

Amy@Amy's Book World: The men are certainly a plus!

L. Diane Wolfe: You should check them out, they are worth a read!

Amy: lol - I whole heartily agree about the companions! Some of them get left out in the cold and need love too, it would only be the nice thing to help them out! ;)

Amanda: I'm the same way!

Anna: I agree!

Christine Rains: I would love to be a wizard in the world of Harry Potter, that would be awesome!

DeniseF: They are pretty exciting huh?! :)

Jessica@a GREAT read: Thank you for popping by for a visit - have a great weekend!

Brittani: Thank you for the visit! Ah, shadow hunter's, always a nice visual!

kyowolf: Thank you for the follow!

Jenni Elyse: Isn't he great?! I can't wait to see him on the big screen!

Cary Cheyenne.: Thank you for the follow!

Karen @ Book Light Graveyard: It's really great - you should check it out!

Sarah (The Book Life) said...

A lot of people have picked the Mortal Instruments world. I have only read the first in the series, but I could see it being a pretty cool place! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following! Following back :0)

Sarah @ The Book Life

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower :) of course I totally agree with you since these are the two worlds I picked :P shadowhunters and vampires mmm :)

Amy said...

Sarah: Thank you for returning the visit and the follow - definitely check out the rest in the series they are worth it!

Amy: Thank you for the follow! They are definitely a place worth being a part of! ;)

Fireflywishes said...

I have the first three books in The Mortal Instruments series waiting for me to get the chance to read them - I've heard amazing things! I can't wait!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :D
April @ My Shelf Confessions