- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser
“Heroes don't exist. And if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.”
Pg. 354, Everneath by Brodi Ashton
More Teasers, becasue I just couldn't resist sharing the awesome!
“If you stand off to the side, all mopey and such, without a date, you’ll stick out like a nun at a strip club.”
-Pg. 219
“Tell me why you care," I said. He put his hands on the windowsill. "Because it's you. Despite what you think of me, your pain will always be my pain.”
-Pg. 81
Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.
She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.
Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.
As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...
My Take
Everneath is the debut novel from Brodi Ashton, and it's something I couldn't wait to read. From all the hype this one got, the story deserves all that and more! It centers around the narrator Nikki, who just came home after a century in the everneath basically being used as a battery, which only constituted six months on the surface. Unfortunately, this is all the time she has left on the surface, before she returns to the everneath forever. She plans to use this time to make up for all the wrongs she made before disappearing, and finally have the chance to say goodbye to her family and (ex)boyfriend Jack. But things don't exactly go as planned, because Cole the everliving boy she was recharging followed her home.
Nikki hasn't exactly had an easy way of things, mostly because things weren't going so hot for her before she went away, but now they are worse. Feeding the everneath left her feeling empty, which is a tough feeling when your trying to make up for a past you can't explain away. But she is bound and determined to stick it out no matter what people seem to think of her, she's doing this for them not for herself, even if she feels like running most of the time. Her voice is strong, and it makes it easy to feel everything she does exactly when she goes through it. Luckily for her, she doesn't have to go through it alone for very long. Enter the super hot Jack and Cole!
I just knew at the first appearance of Cole that he would be an interesting character, and he didn't disappoint. He's mysterious, intense, pretty hilarious at times, and basically my favorite part of the story. Unfortunately, he's kind of a user at times and it's hard to figure out what he really wants from Nikki. Is it love or something else? Then of course there is Jack...sigh...Jack. As the past love interest and friend of Nikki, he is certainly amazing and a perfect fit for her and what she needs. The way they acted around one another felt more real than some of the drama that is on television, and it kept me riveted. He's the best basically! Team Jack that is me!
The events that occurred here are not only original but extremely exciting in a way that I could even begin to try to guess at the outcome. It's so fast paced that there was never the chance to be bored, and the cliffhanger ending had made me literally shout out OMG. If your a fan of emotional turmoil, intensely beautiful writing, and a story that will leave you wanting more, then Everneath is the book for you. All in all, I definitely recommend this one for a read or two and a re-read before the next installment comes out!
Check out Everneath by Brodi Ashton HERE on Goodreads to give a read and view the awesome trailer below! :)
What's YOUR teaser?
“Heroes don't exist. And if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.”
Pg. 354, Everneath by Brodi Ashton
More Teasers, becasue I just couldn't resist sharing the awesome!
“If you stand off to the side, all mopey and such, without a date, you’ll stick out like a nun at a strip club.”
-Pg. 219
“Tell me why you care," I said. He put his hands on the windowsill. "Because it's you. Despite what you think of me, your pain will always be my pain.”
-Pg. 81
Everneath by Brodi Ashton Review
From GoodreadsLast spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.
She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.
Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.
As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...
My Take
Everneath is the debut novel from Brodi Ashton, and it's something I couldn't wait to read. From all the hype this one got, the story deserves all that and more! It centers around the narrator Nikki, who just came home after a century in the everneath basically being used as a battery, which only constituted six months on the surface. Unfortunately, this is all the time she has left on the surface, before she returns to the everneath forever. She plans to use this time to make up for all the wrongs she made before disappearing, and finally have the chance to say goodbye to her family and (ex)boyfriend Jack. But things don't exactly go as planned, because Cole the everliving boy she was recharging followed her home.
Nikki hasn't exactly had an easy way of things, mostly because things weren't going so hot for her before she went away, but now they are worse. Feeding the everneath left her feeling empty, which is a tough feeling when your trying to make up for a past you can't explain away. But she is bound and determined to stick it out no matter what people seem to think of her, she's doing this for them not for herself, even if she feels like running most of the time. Her voice is strong, and it makes it easy to feel everything she does exactly when she goes through it. Luckily for her, she doesn't have to go through it alone for very long. Enter the super hot Jack and Cole!
I just knew at the first appearance of Cole that he would be an interesting character, and he didn't disappoint. He's mysterious, intense, pretty hilarious at times, and basically my favorite part of the story. Unfortunately, he's kind of a user at times and it's hard to figure out what he really wants from Nikki. Is it love or something else? Then of course there is Jack...sigh...Jack. As the past love interest and friend of Nikki, he is certainly amazing and a perfect fit for her and what she needs. The way they acted around one another felt more real than some of the drama that is on television, and it kept me riveted. He's the best basically! Team Jack that is me!
The events that occurred here are not only original but extremely exciting in a way that I could even begin to try to guess at the outcome. It's so fast paced that there was never the chance to be bored, and the cliffhanger ending had made me literally shout out OMG. If your a fan of emotional turmoil, intensely beautiful writing, and a story that will leave you wanting more, then Everneath is the book for you. All in all, I definitely recommend this one for a read or two and a re-read before the next installment comes out!
Check out Everneath by Brodi Ashton HERE on Goodreads to give a read and view the awesome trailer below! :)
What's YOUR teaser?

20 comments:
Great teaser! I have Everneath, but haven't had the chance to read it yet. This gets me excited.
Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!
I loved Everneath
Great teaser, I can't wait to read this! Thanks so much for stopping by :]
Book Addict
I'm SOOO looking forward to reading this one! It's on my Kindle, I just need to find the time to read it finally :) Great teaser!
Here's my teaser for this week.
Vicky
Books, Biscuits & Tea
That sounds so good! I can't wait to read Everneath!!!
Thanks for stopping by
Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant
Great teasers!!! I loved Everneath!
Great teaser, I wish I enjoyed Everneath as much as you did!
I especially liked the first one, guess we can't all be heroes. Thanks for sharing.
I enjoyed all your teasers. Thanks for posting a synopsis too. I enjoy hearing more about the books that teasers come from.
Here's mine: Sandy's Teaser
Oh my gosh, those are some absolutely PERFECT picks for your teaser!! *dreamy sigh* This book was probably just one of the most amazing and heartbreakingly beautiful out there, and I'm so happy that you love it too! :) <3
Awesome teasers & review, Amy! I'm Team Jack too! ;)
Great description and teaser.
http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday_31.html
Fantastic teasers! I like the sound of this story. It's now on my TBR list. :)
After those teasers and that review I am going to have to move that one up on my tbr list. Like maybe that one will be my next read! You can see my teaser here:
http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-pieces-of-us-by-margie.html#comment-form
Have a great week!
Shari
Great assortment of teasers! I have to add this one to my wishlist. Happy reading!
Interesting teasers! I'm on the fence about this one, but I do love that cover art.
If you'd like, you can check out my teaser here.
Great teasers. I'm really looking forward to reading this but it's not out in the UK until later this week.
I've got two teasers this week. You can find them here.
Tasha @ A Trillian Books xxx
Great teases!! Really liked this one!
Here's my Teaser
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Awesome teasers! The second one made me laugh.
Here's my teaser: http://surroundedbybooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesdays-x2-spur-of-moment-by.html
From your AWESOME teasers i get the sense that you're leaning towards Team Cole?! Am i right?!?! Lol!!
Loved them!
Thank you all for stopping by - your awesome by the way! <3
Post a Comment